chapter 30:

A/N: outfits above

Epilogue

"Riley Matthews."

I stand up from the plastic chair on the grass of the football field. Claps from both friends and strangers make me smile while I make my way up to the stage when my high school diploma is in the hands of the principal. The next few seconds are a blur, my hands shaking sweaty teachers hands, and I'm back in my seat but this time with a diploma. 

Alicia, with her last name being Moore, isn't too far behind me, and the two of us can't wait to party tonight. With Clay and Sebastian watching us of course. After what feels like hours, the graduation ceremony is finished. 

With Clay already by my side, I glance around for Westin. He did have to go on a mission for Special Civilian Services, but he said he was going to try and make it. I grip my boyfriend's hand tightly, standing on my tiptoes to see over the ocean of heads.

"Do you see him, babe?"

"No, I'm sorry, peaches."

"It's okay. He might be running a little late."

He doesn't say anything else, not one to give me false hope. I love and hate that about him. He's not going to lie to me about much, but sometimes, I think I would feel just a bit better about certain situations if he did. I love him so much.

"Congrats, Riley!"

"You too, Alicia! Did your family come to celebrate with you?"

"Yeah, we're having a barbeque at my house."

"They've met Bash, right?"

"They have, but I'm still nervous."

"It'll be fine. Have fun!"

"Thank you. Are we still on for the beach party tonight?"

"Yes, do you just want to meet there?"

"Sure, that way the boys can drive."

"Perfect. I'll be there around eight."

"Sounds good. I'll see you then!"

She latches her arm through Sebastian's as they walk through the crowd and back to her family. Tears prick at my eyes as I continue to search for my brother, but I can't see him. Clay's phone rings beside me, and he picks it up. His hand tenses in mine, his body tensing. Well, whatever news he's getting, it's not good.

"My brother?"

"He's not going to make it."

"Oh...okay. We should go home then? Just relax before the party."

"My parents kind of want to celebrate with you. We could go over to my parent's house?"

"That sounds awesome. We can do that?"

"Let's go, peaches."

I peel off the graduation cap and gown, handing it back to the office receptionist who congratulates me on graduating before taking the clothing away and saying that I've returned it on the piece of paper in front of her. With Clay's hand resting casually on the small of my back, we get to the Tesla. 

The light but hot breeze of summer ruffles my mango-colored and satin graduation dress. This one I already had in my closet and reused from my brother's twentieth birthday party three years ago. I take a deep breath, calming my racing heart. He presses a kiss to my neck before opening the passenger door to his car and helping me inside. 

When he starts the car, his Bluetooth connects, instantly playing Led Zeppelin. I roll down the window as we pull out of the school parking lot, knowing that I want to avoid this place for the rest of my life. The drive to his parent's house is him being quiet while I scream out Cage The Elephant music.

He probably thinks I'm crazy, but who cares?

We pull into his parent's driveway to see more than just their car parked in the driveway. Is the whole Pierce family here? We walk up to the front door, and he pushes the door open, letting me inside first. I'm immediately hit with hugs and screams of congratulations. I don't even know how many times I repeated 'thank you'. 

Clay caresses my lips with his own, softly, delicately, and full of love before following after his brothers into the kitchen. I hear them teasing him about still being under the drinking age of twenty-one to which he most likely pushes them for. 

The girls compliment my dress before Zoe distracts me even beginning to think about my own sibling. We have spaghetti and meatballs with red sauce for dinner and hang out around the pool until it is time for Clay and me to get to the party.

"I love your family."

"They love you more than me."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

With another lingering kiss, we head to the beach, and I know I'm ready for the next adventure. As long as I have him by my side, everything will be okay. In the end, he's all I need anyway.

A/N: The story officially ends here, but bonus chapters of different situations are placed after this chapter if you would like to read some parts about Riley and Clay's future. There is more sexual content ahead.