A Romance with a Fake Character

Her gorgeous black hair, her brilliant golden eyes, her light and delicate touch. Everything seemed so real and physical as you held her hand by the beach.

The salty sea breeze blew past your cheek as you looked into the setting orange sunset. Although it was quite warm outside, your grip on her hand felt even warmer. It was a pleasant feeling knowing that she's there for you.

You had never asked for much in this life.

You never had great and wild ambitions.

You had dreams and hopes, but...

You accepted reality.

You accepted the fact that in this world where you felt so lonely and deserted, you had no one. Though it was ridiculous, everyone blamed you for your mother's death. The fact that she died to save you from the crime of humiliating the king, was the one thing that no one ever let go of. You father died from grief, your siblings had all left.

And yet here you are, working as a knight, the most ideal profession for someone of your demeanor.

Over time you grew stone cold.

Apathetic.

Emotionless.

Cold hearted.

Or at least that's what everyone judged you as.

Without knowing your real loneliness...

But not her, no... she saw the person inside of you. She saw the innocence, joy, bravery, and passion within you. Living life with her, you could have grown up old. Had children. Lived a normal life within a village. Like before, you didn't have to have many grand ambitions. You just needed her, you just needed her bright smile and cheerful gaze as she looked at you. You just needed to hear her sparkly laugh.

Perhaps you were a baker, or a farmer in that life.

Perhaps everything around you would be full of laughter and light.

Perhaps your children were ....

With a gleam of a sword you returned back to reality. You looked around, gazing at the stony walls and dusty bed sheets. The faint traces of dust lingered in the air as the morning light gently shone through the window. Ah, you were back in your Lord's castle. Quickly standing up and closing the book that you were reading, you shoved it under your bed and quickly ran to the training grounds to start your day.

As normally, you passed many people. Among them, servants, squires, maids, but today there was a new person. The niece of the lord had finally come visit. As always you didn't really care and continued to walk, keeping a cold and calm expression knowing that this is your life. Just as you turned the corner, you saw her. Beautiful black hair, golden eyes, and a beautiful smile, the famous niece of your Lord. She was a young and talented girl with the ability to write bestselling novels. Her most famed novel was a story about her imaginary life with a brave and passionate knight.

Just as you looked over, her gaze met yours.

And the moment itself was like time had stopped.