SOTW- Part 2

"Good morning Class" The professor said, his voice sounding younger than what I last remembered. The teacher of this math course should be an old man who constantly fusses over homework and likes throwing chalk across the classroom at sleeping students. I looked up from my desk and saw a new professor walk in. Some chattering girls behind me immediately filled me in on who he was because I was eavesdropping... overhearing their conversation respectfully.

He graduated early and was an assistant professor who will be teaching this class for the rest of the year due to medical problems with the old professor. Apparently he slipped on some of the chalk he threw but I didn't really care. It was just his karma. But one fact that apparently stood out to be more fascinating than his intelligence and presence at this worn down school. To all the girls, he looked apparently very handsome.

I had always disregarded my appearance when around campus. Old t-shirts, messy hair and generic jeans, I found that nice clothing was more of a bother than anything. It wasn't like I was dating anyone and wanted to get into a relationship anytime soon. Curious at whether these gasps were true or not, I turned over and stared at the new professor. I could see what they meant.

Assistant Professor Chance Albus was quite tall and had a nice shade of light brown hair. He looked neat and tidy, the typical appearance of an assistant professor but he seemed like a professional. He seemed like he was actually the main professor of this troublesome class in this troublesome school. I looked around the class, only to find that everyone was chatting about the new professor. The popular girls were on the opposite side of the hall, chattering amongst themselves with the delinquents near the front by the door, there were two groups behind me and a girl sitting alone at the front, but wherever they were, they were all paying attention to the teacher. I scoffed, wondering why I am even caring about a professor that I won't even talk to. Out of all my classes, this one would actually be useful in the future when I get a job that actually makes use of my fast calculating speeds. My past teachers have all found it a waste that I decided to waste all my "potential" and not become a doctor. This teacher would probably be no different, he would probably also say the same thing, trusting in the broken health system that has already damaged our world to this degree. Little did I know, I was very wrong.

The week continued on as usual without much of a difference. I still attended that lecture every week and completed all my requests as usual, not noticing how eager I was to reply back to Ivy every day.

After stopping by at Jasper's place to help him catch up with homework before he went out drinking, I went home. Flicking on my light, I opened my desktop to check for notifications. It was getting pretty late when I opened my email and noticed that there wasn't any new message from anyone. Nothing sent from Ivy.

I closed my emails without much thought and opened an unfinished program that I was requested to complete.

Before I could get much done, my phone suddenly rang. Glancing at the screen I realized that the call was from Jasper. He said he was going out to drink with friends after I finished tutoring him so this must be his drunk calling habit. Sighing, I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Zaiden?"

I paused, the voice sounding a bit different than what Jasper sounds like.

Sensing my pause, the person calling me replied,

"Hi, this is your professor Chance Albus, I was just calling you because I ran into all of your friends just now and they are all drunk and passed out after unlocking this phone for me to call you.

"Good evening sir. I'd just like to apologize in advance if my friends were rude to you when they were drunk like this. Where are they right now? I can get them all home."