The Beauty in a Hoodie [SHORT STORY]

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

- Confucius

~~~ a short story with just laughs, cuteness and fluff ~~~

Class 205 of Everfrost High School is a class known famously for the people within it.

The hottest guy in the school, Luca.

And the prettiest and most popular girl, Novae.

In the corner of their class always sat a girl, scrolling on her insta in an oversized hoodie named Melody. Underneath her large framed glasses were a pair of beautiful green eyes, though covered partially by her chocolate brown bangs. She had fair skin that seemed to glow, but barely anyone could tell under the hood that covered her face.

For a young girl from a small town who suddenly got hired as a famous model in a large city, her life changed entirely. So much so... she found herself wondering if the girl in the mirror, who got her photos taken and known famously among the celebrities... was really her. After adopting the showbiz name, Harmony she never showed off her perfect hourglass body, always wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. So to the world, Melody and Harmony were two different people with two different lives. So that was her story, and she was ... satisfied... with the way she lived her life... or at least she thought she was.

Melody honestly found that everything was a joke, she was so used to the way she dressed that the moment she wore something a bit more trendy and put on her raven black wig, she'd look like an entirely different person... which was scary. With such a massive change, it was no doubt that no one recognized her when she changed up her appearance. She stood at the mirror, staring at herself... but was that really her? Harmony could often be seen on the covers of famous magazines and Melody was always in the corner of the class, shut away from the world. She liked the way she dressed though, and enjoyed the moments where there weren't many people looking at her. Though her sweater was comfortable and her outfits always made her feel warm, she found herself plagued by thoughts that... this wasn't her.

The pretty girl wasn't really her.

The lazy girl in the hoodie wasn't really her either.

So... who was she?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Constantly stereotyped as the 'hottest guy in the school' Luca was quite used to everything being the way it was. He was always surrounded by many friends, Novae was always being ambiguous about their relationship, and Melody was always in the corner on her phone. He was used to living a relaxed life where he had many friends, a variety of talents and good grades.

But the one thing he had trouble with was Melody because... he liked her.

She had a cute laugh and was smart.

She was hardworking and would prefer to deal with things silently and calmly.

For someone who was constantly the center of attention, it was calming to be with her.

It felt very comfortable to be by her side.

Luca and Novae weren't the ambiguous couple because Luca always solidly treated Novae as just an acquaintance... It was Luca and Melody who really acted ambiguous. 

It was just, he was hesitant because he knew that if he confessed, he'd only cause a lot of gossip and trouble for Melody, who enjoyed it when things were quiet.

With the final year of high school coming to an end, Luca found himself in a dilemma.

Melody would be going off to university soon and they would most likely never meet again.

Fated Love- A Collection of Short Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें