Chapter Twenty-Seven - Behind Curtains

Xeodas and Fenjarrik. Two siblings reign over North America, handling Alphonse's laws. Today, Rory and Wang are going to the USA to meet them. These two are in charge of many different things, as they are the only ones fond of the material for the longest time. The two leading entities that gave Alphonse the right to change the world.

However, no one seems to appreciate or mention these two anywhere as they prefer to be out of the media.

"Wait, I thought you weren't supposed to come along?" Rory shortens his pupils.

"Yeah. But I thought it would be good to see how the country is going with my own eyes," replies Alphonse.

"Fair enough."

The helicopter lands, and they walk inside, put on their safety belts, and fly off.

"So, why didn't we just use our machines? Wouldn't that be faster?" he proposes.

"Yeah. Why didn't we?" questions Wang as well, looking to Alphonse.

"It's dangerous to use them just because you want them to. They are war machines, created to fight, not to make a flight easier."

"I guess so."

"Oh well. This is fine too," says Wang as his bottom reaches the air for a second. "The pilot is bad," he replies annoyingly.

Rory just looks at him with a grin.

Xeodas and Fenjarrik resident in Las Vegas. Today, the city didn't develop much of its primary structure, some abandoned buildings in the uptown area, less traffic, and less tourism, no tourism at all in fact.

Many homeless people live by the uptown, beg for food all day, don't want to work, or be part of Alphonse. Instead, some even dare to take someone's life for the sake of it.

No one cares about the losses, even though it's their nation.

All separated by their uniform.

"Welcome To Las Vegas. You Europeans," the man lifts his arms to the side.

A man clothed in firmly black. His neck reveals the symbol of Antares. A golden one, indicating his dignity. His sunglasses reflect the bright sun on this day. His hair is black, short, and very clean as his face, always wearing a hat of a cowboy. The woman next to him, dressed in the same manner, tied her black hair behind. Siblings are called Fenjarrik and Xeodas. They never exposed their real names, nor will they ever.

"Hey, Fenjarrik. Haven't seen you in a while. How are things going?" he shakes his hand.

"Great! Everything is how it's supposed to be. Locked behind a fence of lies to prevent humans from arise!" he begins to chuckle.

Rory just rolls his eyes towards him.

"Is this your bodyguard?" he noticed his gesture.

"No. this is my Ace-Pilot, Rory. The other one is also one of my Ace-Pilots, Wang Cheong."

"Oh, yeah. I remember. The ones you showed in your last press conference! Silly me."

His laugh seems artificial.

Rory can't stand him for some reason. He had arguments before in which he believed Fenjarrik was working against them. However, this got exposed as a fraud action against others to make them feel otherwise. He lights up a cigarette and looks around the place. It almost looks like the one from Alphonse, though his palace is more immense. The fountain in the middle with the statue of Alphonse; cars around everywhere. The governor are the only ones in this world, left to go by car, everyone else forced to use the public transition to reduce the damage of the pollution. As Alphonse was one of the giant heads of the car industry, he reformed that also.