Chapter Nineteen - Birthday Party

Today is the day when Santino gets to meet his family.

Today, his daughter is having a party for her fifth birthday. He bought a present for her, a new bike in the pink color with a balloon strapped on the grip. He's sure that she will love it. After all, it was Wang's idea.

His son is about nine years old and very caring for her sister.

His wife is about the same age as he is—she works in a grocery store.

Alphonse's fundamental rights have been written on to everyone, which says everyone will have the right to study at no cost; therefore, she doesn't need to save for her children's college payments.

Santino used to work as a technician for Alphonse until they recognized his talent.

He was one of those who tested the machines and used them in the very first fights. He knew that he would be a great pilot. Thus he got a promotion. Santino believes it's the right choice, and his wife will not stand in his way.

He makes his way to his house—releases a sigh of relief, and knocks on the door gently.

The door opens, and his wife looks at him with a smile.

"Are these for me?" she says, wiggling with her words.

He reveals his face behind the shrub of roses. "Of course they are."

Isabell kisses his lips gently and takes the roses to put them into a vase.

Both of his children aren't home yet, enough time to decorate.

They place balloons everywhere around the living room, in pink with a unicorn. Isabell has already prepared a cake for today, strawberry with pony shaped topping. She will love this.

The pink-yellow garland runs through the entire living room with her name and her year on it.

"I think she is going to love this decoration. Everything is so pink, fluffy, and lively," Isabell cheers.

"Yeah. I think she will," he says. As they continue to decorate, they hear the door opening.

"Hey, mom. I'm home," says the boy loudly as he walks in. "What is up with the bike?" he asks, throwing away his blue backpack.

His eyes open widely. "You are here," he says and rushes towards Santino, hugging him like he was gone for a year.

"Yeah. I am here, Leo. Today is your sisters' birthday. Of course, I would come." He looks at him and continues to talk. "How was school today?"

"Great," says Leon smilingly. "School is fun, a lot of fun."

"I'm proud of you, my son."

"Isla will be here in about an hour. She will come on the bus. The bus driver, Kathrin, is always so nice to her. She brings them right to their door to make sure that they will be safe," explains Isabell.

"Oh, yeah, I remember her from last time. She is that small woman, right?"

"Yeah, she is a midget, but a really nice one."

The world behind the war goes on as if there were none, not just in London, everywhere. Everyone is working in their everyday jobs, and everyone keeps on doing what they have to do.

Kathrin is one of them; she is part of Antares, always has been.

The doorbell rings, and Isabell answers immediately.

"Hey, my little birthday girl, how was today?"

"It was great," she says and rushes in.

Kathrin steps in. "She gave me an invite to her party, isn't she sweet?"