Dr. Geller

Chapter 18

“Dr. Geller”

Ross took a small velvet box from his left pocket, he smiled, then grabbed her hand and looked at her straight in her blue eyes. His eyes were sparkling as he looked deep into her eyes, showing so much love and sincerity through them.

“Rachel..” He said with a soft and sweet voice of his. “You have no idea how happy you make me feel lately. Every day I wake up with a smile on my face and I can't believe how lucky I am to have you back into my life.”

She smiled. He was wrong. She knew exactly how happy he was because she felt the same way about him. These past few months had been the happiest months of her life and he was the reason why.

"So.." He said as he opened the small velvet box, revealing a silver bracelet. "I know it's not much, but I want you to have this." He said. "May I?"

She nodded, still feeling overwhelmed by the chain of surprises he gave her today. It was a lie if she didn't think he was going to propose. For a split second she was hoping he did. But again, were they ready for such a commitment? She asked herself that question.

He put the bracelet over her right arm and gave them a kiss after.

"Thank you." She said as she stared at the bracelet with her teary eyes. "This is beautiful."

The couple shared a sweet kiss and after dinner, the two of them walked along the beach. The sun already set, it was dark and Ross kept her closely in his arms. They walked along the shore and Rachel let out a satisfied sigh as she stared into the gorgeous bracelet he just gave her. She was so happy, not only because of the jewelry he got her, but the sincerity of those words he expressed to her.

Ross wasn't the type of guy who expressed his feelings often, but that was what made it so special and romantic when he did. If it was up to her, she wanted to take him away to somewhere special, just the two of them for the rest of the trip. But his big speech was due tomorrow and Rachel knew better to let him rest and prepared for the big day.

He might not have shown how nervous he was about the whole thing to anyone including her, but she knew how nerve wrecking it was for him.  It was a milestone in his career and he couldn't afford to mess it up. It was bad enough that he lost the speech he had prepared earlier this morning, so as much as she wanted to be selfish and had him for the rest of the night, she knew she couldn't. She had to make sure he had enough rest for the big day tomorrow.

She stopped her track as they got closer to the hotel they were staying.

"What's wrong?" He quickly asked as soon as he felt she stopped walking.

"I just want you to know.. about what you said earlier." She started softly as they locked their gaze and he listened to her attentively. "I feel the same way." He smiled. "And Ross.. I-"

"Shhh.." He shushed her with his finger. "I know.."

She didn't need to say things out loud for him to understand her feelings for him. He knew and he was sure at this point of their relationship that they made each other happy. They were each other's happiness as cheesy as it might sound.

She smiled as she nodded.

"You know what we should do?" She raised her eyebrows suggestively as she tightened the gap between them.

He gulped. "What?"

"First, let's get back to our room." She murmured softly, grazing her fingers over his chest.