Winter Storm

Chapter 11

“Winter Storm”

Rachel was having a really bad day at work. Everything seemed not going well for her today. Her computer broke down and there was chaos at work because apparently one of her coworkers misplaced an order slip which caused a huge misunderstanding with the shipping company.

The fact that she was having her pms that week made her day much worse that it already was. She could've sworn she could chew on every living person that was trying to annoy her today. Today was a really bad day to pick a fight with her.

At times like this, there was only one thing that could cheer her up.

Shopping.

The thought of it managed to put a smile on her face for the rest of her day at work.

After work, she picked up the kids and paid their nanny, Molly, before stopping by at Monica's apartment to pick her up. Phoebe was unavailable today, so instead she asked Monica to come with her.

The four of them walked a few blocks away to Bloomingdale, with Emma sleeping soundly on her stroller.

"Where are we going?" Ben asked as they walked together.

"We're going to Bloomingdale." Rachel informed ecstatically, already thinking about so much stuff she wanted to buy.

"Can we grab some ice cream after?" Ben asked. He hated the idea of shopping, but if there was an ice cream waiting for him on the end of the day, he'd gladly tag along.

Rachel smiled. "Uh-hmm."

"Oh! I know this great gelato place that just opened!" Monica chipped in.

"What's a gelato?" Ben asked and Monica began to explain.

Not long after, the group of four arrived at Bloomingdale. Rachel's eyes were sparkling with excitement as soon as she entered the building.

It was her definition of heaven on earth.

The first place they explored was the children's department. Emma was almost nine months old, she outgrown most of her current clothes. So much to Rachel's delight, she was going to buy her daughter a bunch of new clothes today. And maybe a few pairs of shoes.

"Why are you even buying her shoes?" Monica asked as Rachel started to look at a few baby shoes they had for sale. "She didn't even know how to walk yet."

"Because she can't walk yet, doesn't mean she cannot look stylish." Rachel said as she continued to shop. "Isn't it the cutest thing ever?" Rachel gushed over a pair of grey snow boots and showed it to Monica.

Monica couldn't lie. It was really cute. And maybe in the next few months it was her who was able to do a shopping for her future children just like Rachel. Only the thought of having a baby already sent butterflies into her stomach. She couldn't wait to have children of her own.

"And look!" Rachel gasped. "It's on sale!"

Monica took the shoes from Rachel's hand and read the price tag. It was really cheap for shoes from this brand, she had to admit.

"Aww.. They didn't have one in Emma's size." Rachel said sadly. "It was too small for her."

"Maybe I should buy it." Monica suddenly said.

"What?" Rachel asked and then gasped a few moments later. "Are you?"

"No!" Monica quickly replied. "It's just. It's so cute. You know?" She began to hug the tiny pair of shoes against her chest.