thirty five

one month laterthe camerons7:45 pm

one month later
the camerons
7:45 pm

"bonfire?" john b asked as we were all sat in my bed room.

"not here if that's what you're asking." i shook my head. "sarah invited topper over."

"how about my place? no topper and sarah there." john b asked again.

we all agreed and got out of our seats. "i have to change, but i'll be right down." i told them.

they all nodded and walked out of my bedroom. i quickly grabbed a sweatshirt and sweatpants. i decided that i could go with out the bug bites tonight. so long clothing was my go to.

i walked into the bathroom and changed, making sure that i looked some what decent. i grabbed my old clothes and walked back into my room.

"oh hey." i said to jj as he sat on my bed.

"hey, i decided to wait for you."

"awe, how caring." i scrunched my nose at him.

jj chuckled before standing up. he walked over to me and stood in front of me. he stood like that for a couple of seconds before smiling.

jj glanced at my lips before saying, "what would you say if i kissed you right now?" jj asked the same question i did before we had our first kiss.

i smiled, "nothing. my lips would be to occupied."  i repeated his words.

with that jj kissed me. it was one of those kisses that were awkward for a moment, but soothing and comforting the next.

jj pulled away first, him smiling while doing so. "god i missed that."

"me too." i shook my head at the mess of a boy. "let's go before they think we're having sex."

"hey i mean-" jj started.

"we are nothing having sex, jj."

"sex only when were drunk then?" jj said with a smirk.

"never said that." i patted his stomach and walked out of my room.

chateau : bonefire
8:00 pm

i watched kie and pope argue about nonsense. kie was starting to get heated as she explained something to pope. i wasn't able to hear anything seeing as jj and i were laying down on the hammock. kie, john b and pope sat around the fire while big john was checking something on the boat.

it was a good moment. everyone was happy. everyone was where they should be.

and even though jj and i aren't dating, it was still nice to know that he was mine.

plus maybe dating isn't such a good thing for jj and i. maybe putting a name on something wasn't for us. maybe it was just a little to much, especially with what goes on outside from each other. but i was okay with that. i was okay with just being his with no name. no labels.

aside from all the pogues, my home life is okay. sarah and i are very close again. wheezie still loves me more than her own sister. ward, i mean, he is no father figure to me, but maybe one day. and my mom, well my mom is great. we are back to where we were before her and my dad split up. so that made me feel okay.

everything in my life was going great. everything was perfect. the only question was, could i keep it going like this forever?

could i stay happy forever?

i knew i could, i would just have to put in a lot of work to keep myself, myself.

"hey coop?" jj's quiet voice next to me scratched as he turned and faced me.

"mhmm?" i looked over at the blonde boy.

"i love you."

i scanned jj's face trying to find the lie, trying to see if something was off, but he wasn't lying, or off, he was telling me the truth. he was being completely honest with himself, and with me.

"i love you, jj."

jj moved his arm that was under my back. he sent me one small smile before leaning in. i leaned in too, smelling the smell of his shampoo radiate off him.

his lips connected to mine as he pulled one of his hands up to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

i smiled into the kiss and he pulled away. "what's so funny?"

"i can taste the s'more you had earlier."

jj pushed my arm slightly, "oh shut up."

jj looked down at me as he searched for something on my face. i just watched him. i watched as his eyes moved from my lips to my nose to my eyes.

"i really love you, lexi cooper."

i sent jj a big smile, "and i love really love you, jj maybank."

the end

the end.

THANK YOU FOR ALL READING!!

you guys have given me so much love on this book! LIKE SO MUCH! this book has been going on for so long and i just want to say thank you to all of you who have been here from the beginning. and another big thank you to all the people who have read my two books. this is the first time i have actually created a series of two books so it is a big accomplishment for me.

if you ever get a chance, i will be making another outerbanks book, so go check it out once it's out!

again thank you all so much! i love you all 🤍

- the author,
lexi