thirty one

monday ; 9:46 am
cooper's pov

last night, everyone stayed at john b's. i was going to, but i really just wanted my own bed, so i ended up going home.

which in the end it was a good idea because sarah was home and i felt like i haven't talked to her in a while.

"so what else did he do?" i asked sarah as i was laid on her bed next to her.

"he talked to kelce and made him leave so we could be alone."

"so you're saying you and topper chilled in his room, alone, and you still haven't kissed. sarah i swear." i looked over at her.

"every time i think it's going to happen, i chicken out. i get scared."

"you just have to let it happen."

"i know, it's just terrifying." sarah looked over at me and i shook my head.

"sarah, i promise, after it happens, it won't be."

sarah took in a deep breath and laid down on her bed. "boys are so hard."

"yes they are, but that's what happens when we involve ourselves in messy boys."

"you mean jj?"

"yes, jj."

"how is that going?" she asked as she sat up.

"it's going good. we talked last night, alone. he apologized and we started fresh."

"and that's good right?"

"yeah, definitely good. i am not going to lie though, i'm very scared that he'll just blow up again and we'll be back to square one."

"don't think of it like that."

"i know. but i do."

"you over think to much." sarah playfully rolled her eyes at me.

"so i'v been told." i shook my head once again at the girl.

10:11 am

jj had called me about an hour ago. he asked if i wanted to hang out with him today. i said yes, but i was a little bit nervous. i didn't want to do something that could set jj off.

i was sitting in my living room, waiting for jj. he had said something about the beach and that was about it. i didn't really know what we were going to do.

that seemed to be a thing jj liked to do.

i sat on the couch and watch some tv as i waited. the weather channel was on and talking about a rain storm happening tonight.

i liked storms. they gave me a comfortable feeling.

"someones here i think." wheezie said walking into the house.

"yeah, jj probably." i got off the couch and walked over to the front door, putting my shoes on.

"jj? the pogue?" rafe came walking down stairs. "i thought you guys broke up? why do you hang with them anyway?"