twenty two

jj's pov saturday 2:00 pm

jj's pov
saturday 2:00 pm

i had gotten off work an hour earlier due to the johnson's not being home. they were supposed to be my last stop for mowing, but when they aren't home, i'm not allowed to be on their property. fucking rich people.

why schedule a day to have your lawn mowed, but not even fucking be there? how does that make any sense?

i decided to just have that hour to myself. i didn't want to have to worry about anyone else, or worry about someone i despised being at my place of living.

i walked into a small bar. it was definitely run down, and taken over by some older adults. it seemed to be an okay place to sit and let my anger take over me.

i walked over to the counter and took a seat. it was pretty quiet in the bar, almost like there wasn't seven people in the place.

i took my seat and waited to grab the attention of a waiter or waitress, and after four minutes, a small older lady came walking over to me.

"you seem a little young to be in a bar." she said in a sarcastic way before asking me what i would like to drink.

"a rootbeer." i said bluntly, which took her by surprise.

"bad day?" she asked as she filled a clear glass with ice.

"yup." i bluntly said again.

"would you like to talk about it?"

"not really."

"okay, then you can just go ahead and sit in your misery while i go on with my happy life." the women placed my drink down and started to walk away.

"wait!" i called after her. "fine."

she had turned around and had a small smile laid across her face. i glanced at her name tag and read her name.

debra.

"go on." she simply said with a nod of her head.

i closed my eyes and sighed, reopening my eyes, "last summer, i met this kook, and over that summer, i fell in love with her, you know, the usual. anyway, she left, went back home, but she didn't tell me and my friends until the day of. she pretty much broke up with me and never spoke to me again. but now she's back. she's back and back for good because her dad had passed and that's who she went to live with when she left. moral of the story, she's a bitch and i just don't want to ever see her again."