twenty

2:15 pm
coopers pov

"you really think you are a faster swimmer?" i asked pope as he and i swam out into the water.

"one hundred percent. i have always been a fast swimmer."

"i think you and i are going to have a fued after this once you realize that i'm extremely fast at swimming."

"you seriously wish." pope rolled his eyes.

"ALRIGHT!" kie yelled as she stood on the dock. "ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET, GO!"

as she said that, pope and i took off, swimming up to the dock. if i was being honest, pope was definitely winning. but i just kept going. once pope had made it to the dock, he started to do a dance while i swam up to him.

"loser! loser! loser!" he chanted.

"i let you win." i mocked while getting out of the water.

"no. not even. i'm just faster than you and you don't want to admit it."

"you are extremely annoying." i playfully rolled my eyes at him.

us three giggled while i glanced at jj who was sitting next to big john and john b with a beer in his hand. he was looking at me with a full glare in his eyes. he obviously wasn't happy but i just wanted to ignore it.

but that was the worst part. i couldn't. i wanted to know why he was really mad. why he hated me. i mean i knew for the most part it was because of the way i had left. the break up. but there was more to it and i couldn't figure it out.

"would you like a beer?" big john asked as us three walked up to them.

"yes." kie and i answered, pope shaking his head.

big john got out of his seat to grab our beers and we all took our seats.

"so who is down for a swim tonight? it's supposed to be a full moon tonight and i want to see it." kie asked as big john handed her a beer.

big john handed me mine as well, "i'm down."

everyone else nodded besides jj. he just continued to glare at me.

"jj?" pope asked, "you down."

"not if she's going."

"okay, then bye." kie said waving at jj.

"re place ment." jj said with spaces between his words. he then got up from his chair and threw his half full beer down at my feet.

"really jj?" i asked as i picked his beer up and set it in my cup holder in my chair.

"is he really going to be like this all summer?" kie asked john b like he had an answer.

"kie, cooper, i love you both okay, but jj is also going through shit too, we all have to remember that."

"wait, do you mean? like about me?" i asked.

"well yeah, and that his dad had called the cops on him last week for "stealing" beer from him." john b stated like i already knew.