19

[Chapter nineteen]

"Nothing is more imminent than the impossible . . . what we must always foresee is the unforeseen."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

"WHY DID YOU NOT ANSWER YOUR FUCKING PHONE?", Seungmin flinched next to the other two boys as Jeongin saw them, dropping his bag next to the bus and running to them. He stopped right in front of Seungmin, looking at the boy and motioning him to put his arms up. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do I need to beat someone up?"

"Please, Innie, as if you were going to hurt anyone anyway.", Chan chuckled as he reached them, moving his boyfriend's little dramatic scene as he smiled at the three new arrivals.

"Try me.", the younger growled, glaring at Minho and Hyunjin as well. "Your fangirls have been bothering my boyfriend for ages now to know if they can sit with you in the bus."

"No way, I have company already.", the taller shook his head.

"You do? Who?"

Hyunjin pointed to Seungmin under the other's curios gaze.

"Really?", Chan smiled. "It's good to see you guys are friends now, you were obsessing too much over him from afar."

"I was not!", Hyunjin whined and turned to a giggling Seungmin. "I swear I wasn't they just want to make me sound creepy."

"You were just interested, admit that.", Hyunjin nodded, shrugging, and the conversation had to stop there since their teacher called them close to the bus. Seungmin smiled awkwardly and followed the other guys, greeting Felix and Jisung who were already sitting inside.

Hyunjin let him sit next to the window and pulled his earphones to give him one. Seungmin smiled at the Day6 song playing and let his heart beat to it's rhythm, turning his phone off as his dad called for the third time.

He could deal with that when he came back from that small trip.

He sunk more into the seat as his eyes grew tired, his head falling against Hyunjin's shoulder again.

Jeongin and Chan sat down next to them, the younger's eyes widened as he saw Hyunjin touch Seungmin's hand slightly.

He almost got up again, remembering how the guy hated to be touched, how he could have some attack there right in front of them.

Seungmin tilted his head up to lock eyes with Hyunjin and smiled a bit, getting comfortable against the taller guy and intertwining their fingers, making Hyunjin melt at the way he had made that step that time and Jeongin narrow his eyes at the situation.

He sat back down, finally turning his attention to his boyfriend, his chest a bit lighter in relieve even without him noticing.

——➰——

"Seungmin.", Hyunjin shook his carefully, after everyone else had left the bus. "Seung, wake up."

Hyunjin's mind had been running as his friends went out, he didn't hide their hands, still laying intertwined on his lap, but none of them seemed to have noticed or else they would have joked about the same things as always. He didn't want to hide the hands, he liked that Seungmin let him have that contact, even if he still flinched and didn't allow anything else, but something was telling him to stop what he was doing.

Whatever that was.

He shook the boy again and his eyes finally flustered open, he rubbed them slightly, letting go of the taller's hand, and looked around.

"We arrived?"

"Yep, come on."

The two boys left the bus and winced at the strong sun, their bags outside carried by their friends as the teacher explained how the treasure hunting trip was going to go.

"How many?"

"Eight or ten per team, they don't trust us with less and we can't lose anyone.", Minho answered, not looking at Hyunjin as his eyes were on another group.

"Checking out some girl?", Chan teased.

"Funny."

"Wait, aren't you gay?", Jisung furrowed his eyebrows, Felix hugging him from behind.

Minho rolled his eyes.

"I am bi, actually, but this idiot likes to tease me."

"Imagine liking girls.", Chan chuckled. "Can't relate."

"Hey!", Felix slapped his arm, half joking. "Respect your bissexual friends.

"You're bissexual?", Jisung turned to him, letting go of the hug. "How come I never knew?"

The taller shrugged.

"I don't go around announcing everyone my sexuality."

"So, everyone here is gay except for those two idiots and Hyunjin?", Chan chuckled. "Dude, get out."

Hyunjin was about to answer when Minho shock his hand.

"You did not just assume Seungmin's sexuality, did you?"

"Oh, no!", Chan slapped his own face. "Sorry, sorry, he's just so quiet my mind kind of forgot he is here."

"That's almost worse.", Minho chuckled. "So, Hyunjin, please do leave our friend group and you might want to take Seungmin with you.

Seungmin laughed as Hyunjin's chin fell, pretending to be hurt.

"It's a shame, I liked you, Seung.", Jeongin whiped a fake tear.

"You can still like me, there is no way I am straight."

Hyunjin's neck almost broke for how fast he turned his head, his heart racing and a smile trying it's hardest to creep onto his face even though he couldn't understand why.

"Really?", Minho smiled. "Then you can stay, Hyunjin can go to the het land."

The taller almost didn't snap out of his trance, rolling his eyes again and picking is bag up.

"Are we going in or what?"

Holly shit. That trip was going to be something.

————

Can I just say I am so proud of all of you? I can? Great. This only if you helped streaming and are still helping to stream.

Don't apologize.
Win.

Upgrades to.

Don't apologize.

BARK.

CHAN SAYS WOLFGANG WE SAY-

(Alexa play Cherry by Itzy)