31

[Chapter Thirty One]

'You don't believe in anything.'
'I believe in you.'
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Hyunjin rolled his eyes as soon as he opened the front door. Minho almost tackled him to the floor, pushing him inside as Chan closed the door.

"What the fuck do you two want?"

"I don't know."

Hyunjin sighed.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

Minho shrugged.

"Chan told me I should come so I did."

The older of them didn't waste any time, he made Hyunjin sit on the couch even with all the guy's complaints and told him in the harshest tone the other two had ever heard from him.

"Care to tell me what the fuck did you do to Seungmin?"

"What?", Both Chan and Minho could see the way his expression tried to change, and the way he fought it hard.

"What? First of all, you know he gets picked on and you left him alone without warning, he was being beaten up when I found him.", Hyunjin's facade fell, his eyes widening so much that Chan almost felt guilty for telling him like that. "He was so sad, Hyunjin, I don't know what the fuck happened between you two but you hurt him big time."

"Don't tell me this is because...", Minho face palmed as the taller looked down.

"Wha-"

"Hyunjin.", Minho's voice was pleading, while Chan got interrupted. He kneeled next to the other two and tried to understand what he had missed.

"I'm sorry.", the taller almost whispered, a lonely gear falling down his face. "I hate that I'm hurting him."

"Then why? Don't you... I though you-"

"I do.", Hyunjin nodded, trying not to look at Chan's confused expression. "I really do, more than anything in this world. But people... people are so scary-"

His voice broke and so did he. Chan caught him in his arms as he melted into tears, aggressively sobbing. He fell down the sofa into his embrace and the last remains of sunlight hit his face, finally letting Minho see how much of a mess he was. That was clearly not the first time the guy had cried that day, and not the last as well.

After a lot of time, Chan's arms were numb as Hyunjin got up, finally managing to control the sobs.

"Someone said something?", the taller nodded. "Jin, someone will always say something. I'm sorry, I know it is scary but you are not happy like this and neither is he."

"I-I know. F-god I wish I could take it b-back."

"Then do. Now."

Chan and Hyunjin both stared at him dumbfounded.

"Wa-"