30

[Chapter Thirty]

"The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness."

——➰——

When Seungmin woke up, Chan was still by his side. The night had fallen but they still had a whole hour before school closed.

"Here, drink it."

Seungmin didn't question and took the tea cup.

"Is it too late?"

"You slept for a while. Are you feeling better?"

"Numb.", he chuckled humorlessly. "But yes, thank you."

Chan bit his lip before leaning closer to his bed.

"Why were you not with the others?"

"Changbin, Hyunjin and Jeongin didn't come so... we weren't together much today."

"I see, Minho and Jisung must have been together. Well. Wait, why didn't they come? I know Innie is sick but-"

"I don't know."

Chans narrowed his eyes at the way Seungmin immediately looked down.

"Okay, What's wrong?"

"N-"

"Don't Nothing me. Answer."

Seungmin sighed, knowing there was no way he'd ever get rid of him now. If there was something he had learnt about Chan so far was the fact that he was the typical mom of a group, but had the passion to it in a way he had never seen before.

"It's just... so-something happened and Hyunjin's avoiding m-me..", he choked again, trying to keep it together. "It's not his fault I-I get why b-but it hurts too m-much.", Chan hugged him close as the guy broke down.

"I'm sorry, Seungmin, I know you guys are really close friends these days.", he ran his hand through the younger's hair. "Do you know how to solve it?"

"There I-is no solving it. I d-don't think so."

Chan sighed and pulled away, staring at him.

"What exacly happened?"

"I can't, Chan. I really can't."

The older nodded, helping him up and giving him a piggyback to his car, driving him and dropping him at his house, as safe as he could.

As soon as Seungmin got in, Chan grabbed his phone.

"Hello?"

"Get Changbin, meet me at Hyunjin's, we have something to solve."

"What? Changbin is not answering anything, though."

"Whatever, just you."

Minho coughed.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, it's about Seungmin."

Silence on the other line for a while.

"I'm going, see you there."

——➰——

I literally almost forgot to post in the morning I'm so sorry...

Anyways, a whole ride coming for you :)

Alexa play Nanana by btob.