14-It will all be okay

Peeta POV

The smile that instantly grows on my face is hard to miss. "I'm going to be a father?" I exclaim and Katniss nods her head slowly with a tear trickling down her face. "Hey, what's wrong." I ask.

I wipe her fallen tear but more continue to come. "I'm not ready to be a mother." She starts. She takes a pause and a deep breath. "Plus we're only 23."

She passes me 2 pregnancy tests, both positive. "I took two just in case the first one was a false positive." She explains. I take the tests from her small hands and stare at them intently. I doesn't feel real. I can't believe I'll be a father!

I slide across the sofa to move closer to Katniss. "Katniss, I know you're going to be an excellent mother. I just know it. You're going to love this baby with all your heart and that will all come naturally. Katniss, we're going to be parents!" She gives a small smile suggesting she's okay with the idea. I hold her in a tight hug.

"I'm scared though." She says in a small voice. "That's okay, I am too. That's normal." I reply.

"Yeah?" She questions.

"Yeah."

We hug in silence for a while until I notice a slight smile on Katniss' face. "What?" I say answering back with a smile.

"Imagine how happy Haymitch will be to be a grandfather."
——
I decide to take Katniss to the meadow to calm her down. The woods is the only place that Katniss can find full peace.

She wears a green floral dress, her favourite colour. She lays her head on my lap and settles down. I look at her beautiful face and see her eyes shut. She look so peaceful. I lift my hand and wipe a loose strand of hair which covers Katniss lips. 2 years ago next Sunday I married the love of my life. And she now carries my baby. I rest my hand on her stomach, no bump there yet just slightly swollen.

I cannot wait to become a father.