10-Valentiens day

I wake up and check the clock that sits on the bedside table beside me. '6:00am' it reads. I slowly creep out of bed, careful not to wake the sleeping Peeta next to me. I slowly walk down stairs to the kitchen where I will attempt to make breakfast for Peeta.

It's Valentine's Day today. I want to treat him.

As I am no master chef, I decided to make simple scrambled eggs on toast. Surely even I can't make this a disaster. It's the thought that counts. I put the bread in the toaster and while waiting for it to bake, I try to make the scrambled egg. Attempted number one and I drop the three eggs I have in my hand. Great start. Then I successfully crack them and whisk them. I start to smell burning from behind me and realise it's the toast!

"Sh*t" I murmur before chucking the toast (which is rock solid now) into the garden for the birds. If they can get their beaks through it that is. I add more bread to the toaster before running back to the eggs hoping they don't burn. That's when I hear the kitchen door open causing me to jump.

"Peeta! Get out!" I shout before physically pushing him out the door. He only came down in his boxers, very hard to resist. "Peeta go back to bed please!" I beg. I don't have time to argue unless I want to burn anything. Thankful Peeta just chuckles before I hear him trudge back up the stairs. I take everything off the heat and put the eggs on the toast. A little bit of tomato sauce and a cup of tea on the side. Bon appetit! He best enjoy this it was very stressful! Never again will I be cooking.

I bring up the breakfast to bed on a tray and place it on Peeta's lap who is wide awake now. "Happy Valentine's Day" I whisper. I smile and replies back "happy valentines day lover." I smile and gently smack his arm. Peeta takes a huge bite full of his food.

"You know, this actually tastes good!" He says. "Don't sound so surprised!"
"I'm surprised you didn't burn down the kitchen." I chuckle at this. "I actually very nearly did."
——
Peeta has been busy at the bakery from morning till afternoon, but now he says he has a special surprise in store for me. He kicked me out the house so he can set it up. After half hour of walking I decide it's time to return home. I'm too cold to stay outside any longer.

As soon as I open the front door I see a trail of red rose petals leading up the stairs. "Peeta what have you done?" I say with a giant grin. I take off my coat and shoes, hang them on the coat rack and follow the train; wondering where it leads. As I walk up the stairs, I soon realise the petals lead to our bedroom door, slightly ajar. I smirk.

I peak my head around the door to see Peeta sat on the bed with nothing but a bow tie around his neck. I instantly turn red and smile. Oh god. I greet him with a passionate kiss, rolling around on the bed. I come up for air. "I'll be back" I walk away, running my finger down his chest to tease him. I head to the bathroom where I take off all my layers. As I had a feeling that something like this might happen today, I dressed in my...special underwear.

I walk back across the landing and just stand in the doorway, then to the bed, and my boy with bread. Butterflies take over as we...well I'm sure you can guess...
——
Authors note: hehe sorry about the second half lmao just had to happen :)))