6-A new beginning

I sit next to Haymitch beside a tree as I wait to walk down the aisle to meet Peeta on the other side:to start our new life. We decided to get married in the meadow as it brings me peace.

My dress is made of lace in the top with a white sheet falling down the the floor. A veil sits on my head, my chestnut hair dances slightly in the wind. The wait is nerve racking. I can feel the log we sit on bounce, I turn to Haymitch to see his leg is the cause of it. He must be nervous.

"You not going to have a last minute drink before your important job?" I ask with a slight smile, hoping to lighten the mood as I am already so anxious. It gets a little laugh out of Haymitch, but not much. A long pause. "No, not today. Some days are just too important."One look at Haymitch's eyes and I see a tear fall. This is the first time I have ever seen him cry. "Haymitch?"

"Sorry sorry...I just..I mean..look how far you've come. I met you and Peeta when you were scared little 16 year olds off to slaughter and now...now I'm walking you down the aisle to marry him, the man you love. I'd never believe we'd got here"

I embrace Haymitch in a hug. We are interrupted by Effie telling us it's time. I haven't seen Effie in 4 years, so it's nice to see her after all this time, even if she can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

We stand and I take my arm around Haymitchs's and walk down the aisle. People rise as I walk to meet the boy with bread at the other end. They admire me as I do. I look in the crowd and see so many familiar faces. Annie, her son Finn, Gale and even Johanna showed up. She doesn't look pleased to be here though. But one face is missing that should be here. My mother. I did invite here and she said she would come, but clearly she did not care to. I haven't really spoke to my mother in the 4 years after the war. She moved to district 4 to get away from the foul memories that haunt district 12, abandoning me once again. But I do not want to fight with my mother, I just wished she would care for me.

But today I do not wish to think about this. I just want my Peeta. Haymitch kisses me on the cheek and releases me to peeta.

Peeta's blonde locks have been combed and gelled back smartly. He stands straight waiting for my arrival. He turn to face me;his face instantly lights up into a beautiful smile. "You look gorgeous." He whispers and gives me a quick kiss.

The priest starts to talk, but I'm not listening. I'm not listening to a word he's saying. I only look up into Peeta's bright blue eyes, filled with pools of water. These have helped me through the hardest of times, and I am forever thankful.

It's only when I hear "it's time for the vows." My attention is moved from the pools of water.

Peeta starts first.

"I didn't really grow up with much positivity in my life. My mother beat me and hated me, my brothers didn't care for me at all. I only had my dad. But now he's dead now too. But I loved this girl. This amazing beautiful girl right here. My little five year old self always imagined scenarios in my head of this day, but I never imagined it would come true. I'm so lucky and thankful it did. After the games, and my return from the capitol Im sure you all know I went a little...nuts. I truly was close to death, but then a person came back into my life called Katniss Everdeen. Despite the pain I may have caused her while sick, she stuck by my side. And although things got easier, they never went away. I still have days where I can't physically get out of bed because I'm exhausted fighting off my nightmares and demons inside me, but Katniss is always there to help me. I love you Katniss, because your my...my..your my sole mate, my positive influence. Things get tough and your always there. Thank you."

I'm sobbing now. And so is everyone else and it's not even directed towards them. But I mean...who couldn't after a speech like that. How could I ever top such kind words. My speech will sound silly compared to this.

"Oh my god Peeta after that I...I just don't know where to begin." I'm still sobbing. "I just need you to know that I love you peeta. I love you sooo much. Your the reason I'm alive. Your the only one I have left." I feel more tears coming, and look down at my primroses. "I've always been distant from people, especially the ones I loved. I did that on purpose. I've been too afraid they'll get hurt, as everyone I love seems to die. But with you...I realised that you need that touch from the one We love as much as we need air to breathe. I never understood the importance of being close with someone, and allowing myself to love. But I do now."