18. Certified Mindblower

Athena was stunned to say the least. The couple was going so good. She was sad because they looked so happy together, but one thing became more certain. Alex was going for the other girl. He needed to get it straight, he loved Athena and only Athena. But her feelings were far more complicated.

"Im so sorry Alex, are ya okey?" Athena asked concerned

"Im alreyt, just a bit sad. But we both know it's for the best, and we're still going to stay friends" he explained

Alex talked with Miles and Athena for awhile and then he went on to great the other guests. Miles and Athena were each other's company for almost the whole party. Chatting away the night. Miles knew far more people than Athena, but he stayed with her so she wouldn't have to be alone. After talking awhile both went to find the other band mates. Athena spotted Jamie in the distance so she decided to surprise him. She was going to surprise him from the back. Surprisingly he didn't see her walking by as he was to deep in a conversation. When Athena got to him she gave him a heart attack, Jamie spilled his drink all over someone.

"Ey Athena yer gonna pay for this, I'll get ya" Jamie threatened

Athena was already crying as Jamie was being yelled at. Jamie ended up cleaning everything. He kept threatening Athena but she couldn't take Jamie seriously. By the time Athena found everyone she had already quite a lot to drink. Stumbling in to groups of people now and then. Her head was in a completely different world, her vision became blurry, everything was unclear. Slurring some words here and there that no one could understand. Athena had no idea where she was going. Not watching where she was going she stumbled right in to someone.

"Ey mate look out where yer going" the person said

"Oi Athena" Alex noticed "Are ye okey?"

"Yeah yeah im fine Alexander" she slurred

"Alexander oh" Alex smirked

"Hello Mister Turner" Athena smirked back "I still have a lot, I can tell you them"

"I'm sure ya do" Alex laughed at his friend's silliness "I think ya've drank to much, i can bring ye home?"

"No no no" she stated "Im not going anywhere"

"Okey but only if ya chug this bottle of water" Alex compromised "Come, let's sit down" On the way to one of the settees Alex grabbed a bottle of water, for his friend.

"No I don't want to sit down" Athena said "Let's go outside"

"Okey, we'll go outside, if you first drink this" Alex stated. As compromised they sat down and Athena began drinking the water.

"D'ya know I love ya Alex?" Athena hummed

"Wh- what do you mean?" Alex quickly asked

"I don't know, but there's one thing i certainly do, I wouldn't be here if you didn't came in to me life, you saved me without even knowing. Ya helped me get thru one of the hardest things I've had to endure. Your words have saved me Alex" she spoke honestly

In that moment Alex shed a tear. He didn't know what came at him. It felt like a big tornado had hit him. He knew she was drunk but there was most certainly not one bit of balderdash in it, drunken words were sober thoughts. Alex was not fully sober, but he had not enough alcohol in him to even call it tipsy. Athena hadn't quite confessed her love, but what she said was enough to send him on cloud nine.

"Athena you're the one who's keeping me sane, you've helped me figure a lot of things out. I've had these complicated feelings and I think I'm slowly figuring them out. Athena I think I'm in lo-" Alex was cut off by his friend who stumbled on to the settee.

"Ey there ya two are" Jamie exclaimed. Alex sighed a bit relieved that he's friend had interrupted. He was frightened that he may have said something wrong.

Suddenly Athena jumped right up and sprinted of in to the lavatory. Alex quickly followed, he could hear gagging sounds coming from the lavatory. Alex could see her dark figure all crawled up on to the toilet. He briskly held her hair so it wouldn't make more of a mess.

"Alex you can go, I'm a mess and this is gross, no need to help" Athena ensured

"No I'll help ya, ye clearly need it" he said whilst grabbing some paper

Athena was slowly standing up but she quickly enough was already hanging on by the toilet again. "I- I think I'm going to head home" she said

"Do you have a ride home? I can bring ye?" Alex suggested

"No need Al, I've bothered you enough" Athena stated

"Come on, yer clearly not in fit to drive" Alex said. Athena stumbled in to his arms. She suddenly went fully silent, she had probably fell asleep. Without anymore bother Alex decided to bring Athena to his bedroom. Struggling to get thru the waving crowd he brought her to his bedroom.

He slowly lowered Athena on to the bed, helped her get her shoes off, and tucked her in. All while admiring her beauty, in his eyes she was the admirable girl in the world, she was the only one who could make him speechless, a loss of words for her enchanting look. Alex may have stood there for hours, but not once did he think of anything but her. Alex was by far from drunk, but Athena made everything except her blurry in his eyes, she was the prospect of his world.

When Alex went outside again, a lot of people were already gone, back at there desired place they call home. Everywhere were cups, cigarette butts and a lot of other waste. It would be quite a task to clean up all.

"Ey there ye are" Miles shouted "All the lads have been looking for ya"

"I helped Athena get to sleep, she was throwing up and all that" Alex explained

"What are ye a sweetheart" Miles joked whilst he rubbed his friends hair "Have a feeling ye fancy don't ya?"

Alex's face went fully red within the second, he did not know how to answer that question "Yes, I have almost fully confessed my eternal love for her"

"Maybe" Alex then smirked

"I'll tell ya mate" Miles spoke "I would too. She's everything. I've known her for two nights or summat. She's good looking to say the least, funny, amazing to talk to, the best personality ever. Alex i would go for it" Their little talk was interrupted by a drunken Jamie singing "Poker Face" at the karaoke. He was quickly accomplished with Nick and Katie singing of the top of their lungs. Everyone was so happy, the night couldn't get any better.