13. Im Fine, I Think

"What? I can't believe you!" Emile shouted
"You wanna break up with me? After every thing we've been through?"

"Emile, you're not doing me any good. You promised me that you'll treat me better. But after a week it was already back to how we left it. I'm always trying me best to be the best possible girlfriend but you don't even see me as your girlfriend. I gave you one last chance and you blew it. I can't let you keep on hurting me" she explained. Emile just stormed outside.

"Wait Emile don't go" she yelled as she chased him down the street.

"Athena I can give you one chance to stop this nonsense. Otherwise I'm not gonna be hear anymore for you to crawl back." Emile spoke

"No Emile its over"

"Your serious? Your gonna throw fucking five years away? For me not giving enough attention to you? My god your being crazy you know that? Without me you have no one, no one can stand your clingyness. I've putten up with it for the whole time and didn't even complain once. And your always here complaining about every little thing I do" Emile asked. He's eyes were so full of anger.

"What? For finally putting myself first for one time? For not just wanting you to be happy?" Athena yelled back

"You're overreacting! It's not like I ignore you or something? Cant you just give this kind of decisions some thought? And not always being impulsive and only thinking about yourself? I have given you everything, my fullest" He said. "Just give it some thought okay? You can't throw five years like this away. I'll come to you when you've calmed down." And so he left

Athena stood there, in the cold, with nowhere to go, no one to find comfort in. She magically hadn't even cried. But that was about to come. Slowly the tears began to roll down her cheeks. One by one finding the way out of her eyes to explore the rest of her face. The salty taste it gave of as a lingering reminder of what had happened. Blurring her vision of stability. Trying to get herself home safely. She couldn't careless to go back in the restaurant. The light of the day was slowly fading away. Lights going on that did their part to light up the night. But Athena was once again sucked in the black hole she had barely managed to crawl out. It began clear that Emile was the uncertainty in her life. She wasn't even sure if they broke up or not.

Everything began to slowly sink in on her way home. She didn't even know how she got there. Why did everything had to go so wrong. No one could comfort her. She was completely lonely. And then by a stroke of serendipity her phone started ringing. It was non other than Alex calling from Italy.

"Ey Athena what are ya doin love?" Alex yelled over the loud music. "Oi how are ye in me screen?"

"Why are ya even calling me?" she asked confused

"I wanted to check up on ya because ye didn't answer me back and I think I butt dialed ya" Alex explained. "What's wrong love? Ye look like you've cried"

"No no it's nothing. How is the party?" She tried to change the subject

"Ya know ye can talk to me reyt?" Alex ensured

Athena really didn't want to talk about it with Alex so she just brushed it off. "I'm alreyt Al" Athena assured. He saw that she didn't wanted to talk about it so he stopped asking

"Ey I like that say it again, call me Al again " he demanded

"Ye like the sound of Al huh?" She smirked. Alex could take all her worries away within seconds.

Suddenly Jamie saw that Alex was facetiming Athena so he stole his phone. Athena could hear Alex shout "Ey give her back she's mine!" That couldn't make her smile more.

"Athena I've missed you! I wish ya could be hear so we could get unbelievably drunk!" Jamie slurred as he was clearly quite drunk already. Then Athena could hear Jamie going around to find he's mates saying that he had found their lost friend. Once he found everyone he gave the phone to Lorena. She could immediately sense that there was something wrong.

"Ya need to talk. Call me in five okey?" Lorena demanded. Athena didn't say a word as she was so thankful for having such a good friend.

Then the phone was passed to someone she hadn't seen in awhile, Arielle. "Oh my god Athena! It's so good to see you again sweetie! How've you been?"

"Hi Arielle! I'm doin fine! We've got to catch up again, when your back!" Athena smiled

"I wouldn't miss a chance!" Arielle smiled back. "Are you alright darling, it looks like you've been crying?" She asked

"No no I'm fine I ju-" before she could finish the phone flew to the ground. When it was picked up again she only could see someone laying on the ground. She knew immediately who it was. No one else had been falling everywhere except Alex. Once again his drunken self had spilled all of the drinks he had ordered.

"Ya need to learn to stand up straight" Athena laughed

"Sorey can't really hold meself up after everything I've had" he said

"Don't forget to chug a bottle of water before ya go to sleep, it'll make ya hangover a bit better" she advised

"I'll try and not forget" he winked

They kept talking for awhile but then Athena decided to let Alex keep partying. After the call she immediately called Lorena. When she picked up everything came back and she began crying again.

"Athena tell me what's wrong ye don't look very good" she demanded

"I- i tried to b- break up with Emile but he just told me a lot of things like that I'm to clingy and that no one would want me anymore. He then stormed of and said he would come back when I've calmed down" she explained

"Ya tried breaking up with that man? I'm fucking proud ya know. But he said he would come back. So that means he didn't expect the fact that you want to break up? He's a fuckin prick" she analysed

"I know, but what do I do know? I can't keep arguing because he'll never give up. Lorena what do I do?" she suddenly broke down again.

"It'll be alreyt, I promise. But know that I'm proud of ya and I'll help ya. I love ya lots?" Lorena declared "So go try and get some sleep okey?"

"I'll try, love you too. You can go back to partying now" Athena said

Once they hung up it was like the sky had fallen down on her. No one to talk to anymore, nothing to keep her mind off the harmful thoughts they would create. She tried to fall asleep but that wasn't working so she decided to put on some music to fall asleep with. She searched for awhile for what to play. That she found something that brought back a lot of memories. Cigarettes After Sex. She had listen to them a lot. She slowly started to drift away to their tranquil sound.

Got the music in you baby, tell me why
You've been locked in there forever
And they just can't say goodbye