3. Black Treacle

Nick guided the girls to back of the venue were his mates were. They were definitely the loudest booth out of the whole place. All the laughter, the mocking made you want to befriend them immediately.

There were five people sat at the booth, two girls and three guys. The first one to introduce himself was a blonde guy, his hair was quite short, he was wearing a jean jacket without sleeves so you could see his muscular arms. He introduced himself as Matt. The girl sitting next to Matt had short brown hair, Breana. She looked like she were a model. You could clearly see that she and Matt were dating. She gave both Athena and Lorena big welcome hugs, she was so sweet and she made you feel like you were already friends for years.

The other girl was blonde, very good looking too, she introduced her as Katie. She welcomed the girls widely with a big smile. Quickly enough another blonde guy at the other side of the table stood up. He wanted to hug his new acquaintances but he knocked down all the drinks on the table.

"Jameh the fuck? Don't be such a cracko. You spilled all our drinks ya fookin granny" a guy said, he hadn't introduced himself yet and looked like he wasn't planning on.

Nick and Matt were already pissing themselves laughing.

Katie, supposedly Jamies girlfriend , started cleaning up.  And whilst cleaning up, she gave Jamie a good lesson "Jameh ya fookin man child, ye literally can't do anything without spilling summat can't ya? Ya wanker..."

"Sorrey Katie, i was just tryna welcome those two beautiful ladies"  Jamie pouted

Everything was quickly cleaned up by the lads girlfriends.

The guy who was mad about Jamie spilling drinks still hadn't said anything. He was actually very good lucking he's hair not too long, it was like a coconut cut. Weirdly enough he was wearing sunglasses in doors at night, it made Athena very curious what story sat behind those sunglasses. He's leather jacket collar popped like cantonna.

It was now about eleven, the night was now really starting. Everyone was already quite tipsy, especially Jamie, he was drunk. He was dancing around on tables and was screaming to the songs that serenaded the night.

Nick and Lorena were probably already shagging in the bathroom because they were no where to be found.  Only Athena and Katie were now seated at the booth, they've been talking for hours, they really hid of.

The mysterious guy who later had been introduced as Alex was gone too. They said that nobody should listen to the shite he was always saying. They said that he was going thru a break up and had been a complete mess. He had excused himself to outside of the venue for a quick smoke.

When Katie saw that Jamie was going to throw up, she excused herself to go and help him.

Now Athena sat there alone. She should be having fun right now but she couldn't. Sometimes she would get those sadness waves, and then she couldn't enjoy anything anymore. So she got up and went outside for a quick smoke.

The booth was completely at the back of the venue. So to get to the entrance you need to weave through the seas of guests.

It was march so it wasn't that could anymore but because of the thunderstorm that just went by it was pretty chilly at night.

The album would drop at midnight so there was a 24 hour clock counting down. It was now just a half hour away from the album dropping.

When Athena finally got outside she got a cold spring breeze over her. The sky was completely dark, you couldn't see those thousand years old stars that connected you with the future and past. It was like someone told the stars that they were not coming out tonight, and so they found a place to hide. The sky was like a can of sticky black treacle.

Athena quickly lit up her cigarette. Then she found herself drifting away in her thoughts. Until she heard someone a couple metres beside her. She went to look who it was. It were the Alex guy, he was holding his phone, trying to stop the tears from gliding down his cheeks.
He was mumbling someone's name, it was not clear but it sounded somewhat like Alexa. Athena suddenly remembered what the lads were saying about that he was going thru a rough break up. Supposedly with Alexa.

She could really see how hurt he was. On the outside he tried to look like the toughest, coolest guy who didn't care about anything. But on the inside he had a golden soul. Once she saw what behind those sunglasses was, she was truly mesmerised. He most certainly didn't show many people his softer side, so that's why he went hiding before he would crumble to pieces.

Alex didn't see Athena standing there for a while. But once he did, he tried to shrug it of like nothing at all had happend.

"What d'ya want?" Alex asked as if he didn't just cry a whole river. He was trying not to look directly in her eyes. But it was hard. Once he did finally make eye contact with her, he couldn't escape anymore from those deep chocolate pools. She gave him a very sympathetic look. But he didn't like it one bit, he didn't like it when people showed him empathy, he didn't like it when people treated him like a broken glass that could not be repaired.

"Nothing, just went out for a quick smoke 'cause everybody's gone. Then i found ya here, all one yer own" she answered sweetly

"When im in there for too long, i feel like im suffocating so i needed some fresh air" Alex spoke as he was relieved she didn't go in on the fact that he was crying.

"Yer not the social type either huh?" Athena asked as she was surprised that the guy she thought would never say a word to her, was who she now was having a conversation with.

Alex took a long puff of the cigarette that was now almost out because of the time in between.

Suddenly the door was pushed open. A guy came in saying that the album was about to drop, so Alex needed to go in.