5. Drunken Monologues

With a dreading headache Athena stood up and strudded to her still sleeping friend. Everyone in the park was now looking at them. Matt and Kelly were cuddling on the grass. Jamie and Nick were both awake now too. Jamie went to find where Katie was, she and Arielle were on a bench sleeping together.

"Good morning sleepy heads, who's yous doin?" Jamie asked whilst struggling to stay up right.

"Shut the fuck up" Arielle and Katie grunted at the same time.

At the time Athena reached her lost friend, everyone was wide awake. All grumpy grandpas.

"Ey mate, wake up" Athena yelled

"Why the hell are we in a park? Ah fook me head" Lorena mumbled while trying to wake up.

"Like I know, come on now, let's go, im freezing" Athena spoke

"Why are ye wet? What d'ya do Athena?" Lorena asked

"Don't know how but I slept in a fountain with the fooker Jameh, we can talk later, now let's go find the lads" Athena answered

"D'ya know ya kissed that Alex guy?" Lorena asked

"What, i did not?" Athena quickly answered

"Shat up, ye two were dancing like newly weds, I'm not kidding, I saw it with me own eyes" Lorena said suprised that Athena knew nothing about what had happened.

"I did not kiss that guy" Athena said panicking.

Their conversation was interrupted by the guys yelling at them to come. Now all reunited. Jamie and Athena were both completely wet and everyone was super tired so they decided to go to the place of someone who lived near the park, against Athenas will, Alex's.

He's house was just over the street by the park. It was not small, but also not big. It had a small garden in the front with bushes of begonias. The house was made of brown bricks.

Jamie had in one or other way a spare key. So he just opened the door. The inside of his house was nothing like Athena excepted, it felt really like a home. It had a cozy and welcoming atmosphere, didn't match with how Alex had behaved.

The lights were still on everywhere. Nick, Jamie and Matt went up to look for their mate. His bedroom door open with the lights still on, but Alex was no where to be found. Shouting his name, looking in every room, still no Alex. When Athena and Arielle went outside, Arielle saw a dark figure sleeping in the bushes. It was Alex. He was still in dreamland and had no idea what was happening.

"Hey, Athena look" Arielle yelled

"Hmm, what" Athena hummed

"Look there, it's the fucker Alex, sleeping in a bush" Arielle said whilst pissing herself from laughing.

Struggling to hold in their laugh they got to their incognisant friend. Still in his clothes of the night before. He probably got home and somehow made his way in to the garden and fell in a bush and then just didn't get up.

"Ey Alex, wake up" Athena shouted to wake him up.

"Uh, what are ye guys doin at me place?" Alex mumbled whilst still laying in the bush.

"We somehow fell asleep all over the world park, Athena and Jamie are both soaking wet, everyone's sleep deprived, and you live close, so decided to pay you little a visit." Arielle explained

"O okey" Alex said but he didn't understand a single thing she was saying.

"Get yer lazy arse up now, it's already afternoon" Athena said

They both went and tried their best to get Alex out of the bush but he just didn't move a centimetre. So they went and got the rest. Jamie was crawling on their way there because he couldn't stop laughing at the fact that his mate fell asleep in a bush, as if he wasn't soaking of his little sleepover in the fountain. Matt was taking pictures of Alex to later take the piss out of him.

Once inside everyone was rehydrating to keep down their hangover. Laying on Alex's settees and just drinking water. Alex and Athena hadn't talked yet, so Athena was wondering if he had still remembered what happend the night before, but there was some type of awkward tension between the two. Quickly everyone catched up with it. They had been avoiding eye contact. Sometimes Athena would find Alex staring at her, so she knew that he remembered last night. She would find herself drifting away in her thought about what had clearly happend. When Alex excused himself outside for a smoke, Athena knew it was a good chance to talk to him, so she followed a few moments after.

The sun was almost going under,as it brightened up the whole day. The sunset was like a glorious conflagration, blazing with fabulous colors but producing no warmth.

As she was approaching Alex, she was studying he's whole figure from head to toe. From he's beautiful puffy brown hair, to his Chelsea boots, the way he would hold his cigarette between his thumb and index finger, how the smoke would escape from the ends of his lips that she had seeked the night before. Completely entranced.

Once she reached the door leading to the backyard, she slowly opened it. Alex was taken by surprise as he was utterly lost in his own mind.

"Oi, ya scared the life out of me" Alex said surprised after the mini heart attack Athena had caused.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean too" Athena said whilst lighting up her cigarette. Now an awkward silence had layed over them.

"Look, we need to talk about what happend last night" Alex broke the silence

"Yeah, we were both drunk and didn't know what was going on" Athena continued

"Yes, we were both completely pissed of our arses" Alex said

"We didn't knew what was going on, and i really don't know how it happend, we don't even know each other" Athena said

"Yeah yeah, we're just strangers who know nothing about each other" Alex shrugged

"Let's not talk about it anymore, we're probably never gonna see each other again, alreyt?" Athena asked, but deep inside she knew it was different.

"Yes, that's reyt love" Alex said. Now once again silent. The sun was now completely out of sight. The sky fully black like the night before, when they met. Both disappointed that they agreed about what was said. Since they both thought the opposite.

They were both smoking their cigarettes in silence. As they listen to the night owls of the city start their day. So lost in thought was were they that they nearly disobeyed their own rules.