17. Jasmine's

The band had been quite busy working on their new album. So they haven't been meeting up a lot. Athena wanted to listen to what they already had made but Alex wouldn't let her until it was finished. When Arielle was back in town they decided to meet up for lunch. It was very long after they had talked.

The welcome scent of coffee wafts through the air, calling to my weary legs to come take a rest. A metallic table reflects the sun, almost blinding her for a second. The cafe in such honeyed hues brings a sweetness to the day, coaxing an inner smile that warms from within. Arielle was already sitting there when Athena arrived, she was still very beautiful. Athena walked in with her sunglasses on, forgetting she even had them. Athena was wearing a long bordeaux coat. She was looking better than ever. It was already march again, a year had gone by. The night she met everyone, that had completely changed her life was now already a year ago. The sun was shining bright, but it was still very cold, the weather changed every minute. The sun would be burning and then the next minute it would be snowing again.

"Athena!" Arielle exclaimed "It's so good to see you again! I've missed you so much"

"I missed you so much too! It has been too long" Athena said

They met at a small cafe. It weren't very big. The cafe was made of brown bricks, the facade was covered in jasmine's. Arielle had picked it out, and she had a splendid taste. Inside the cafe it was very cozy, tables in their rich deep browns, the aroma with its dark aromatic perfume. It was compact but very welcoming. The cafe was quite frankly called Jasmine's.

"So what've you been up to?" Arielle asked curiously

"Not much, just trying to survive the day" Athena laughed "And you?"

"Oh I've just been running around quite a lot for work, but other than that not much" she shrugged

"And how are things with Alex and ye?" Athena smirked

"We're doing good, not much to worry about" Arielle laughed

"Im so happy for ya love, ye both deserve each other so good" Athena smiled

Arielle and Athena talked for hours after hours, there was too much that had happend to catch up on. The time was flying by, as if tomorrow wasn't going to be there anymore. Athena found it refreshing to have someone to talk to outside all of her friend group. Athena told Arielle all about her previous relationships.

"Ow darling I'm so sorry you had to go thru all that" Arielle pouted "You're so strong it's to admire"

"There's not much to admire about me I think" Athena laughed

They both loved talking with each other, their conversations always flowing fluently. Athena rather stayed in the moment, no cares.

"Alex is throwing a party and when I told him we were meeting up he told me to invite you, it's next week's wednesday, just at his house" Arielle asked

"Oh what a pleasant surprise, I'd love to come" Athena smiled, she couldn't say no to a night out.

Athena wasn't feeling so well at the night of the party, but decided she was still going. Nothing had been exchanged between Alex and Athena, too busy with each of their lives. There was really nothing more left to say, they both knew who Alex was talking about that night, but Alex just hadn't acknowledged that Athena was aware of whom he was speaking about. The romance between each other was too difficult to even led them figure out. Both not aware what they were for each other.

Athena was still contemplating if she'd go or not, a rather ardent debate with herself. She decided to still go see her friends whom she hadn't seen for a while. As it was slowly time to depart, Athena got ready. Every minute that came closer Athena began to regret making plans more and more. She didn't want to led down her dear friends so she went. Today was a quite rainy day, there were puddles
everywhere filled with heavenly tears. The drive up to Alex's house was as previously said quite long, so Athena had to entertain herself. With nothing more to do she started playing the bands first works. They were a rather fast tempo one. There was one that wasn't really on the album but the melody caught her ear.

Baby, I'm yours
And I'll be yours until the stars fall from the sky,
Yours, until the rivers all run dry
In other words, until I die

This particular song caught her attention since it was very soft, it was almost a direct love letter. It was so fascinating that someone with such a bad boy look, could write something so pure straight from his heart. With the company of music the time flew by and she already arrived. You could hear the music and all the people inside from miles away. The street was fully parked so she had to go to another street. The wind blowing in her face, whooshing around her ears as she walked to the party. The door was open so she directly went in. Nothing made her more happy than the fact that she was with her most beloved people once again.

Athena scanned the whole placed to find a familiar face. She hadn't spotted anyone yet so she just went to the bar. Slowly drinking away her problems as she waited for some familiar presence. After a long time of loneliness she saw someone coming her way, it was Miles.

"Aw come here darlin" Miles exclaimed as he brought Athena into a hug. "Feeling a bit lonely without anyone aren't ye?

"Miles we haven't seen each other for a year haven't we?" Athena thought "Has it been so long?"

"My goodness it was indeed a year ago" Miles sighed in disbelief "We've got to make it a habit for meeting up"

"We definitely do. It'll be like a monthly chat up with mister Kane" she laughed "Have you seen Alex by any chance?"

"I was about to ask ya the same thing, ey speaking of the devil" he pointed as a dark figure approached the two. Alex slowly sauntered over with a few drinks in his hands.

"How's me mates doin?" Alex asked as he hugged the two

"If ya hadn't showed up I would have left" Athena stated "Where's Arielle actually?"

"Ow we just broke up yesterday"