Chapter Thirteen.

Hinata sat in the living room with an angry pout on her face. Where the hell was Naruto?! She crossed her right leg over her left one and waved her leg impatiently. She had something extremely important to tell him.

It had been 2 years since they have been married. So much has happened since then! First off, Sasuke and Sakura got married and are expecting, Shikamaru and Temari have been married for quite a while and she became Kazekage after Gaara died. (Sorry Eliza! I'll make a reader x Gaara one shot for ya!)

Sai and Ino have a child too. His name was Inojin. It's been about a month since she gave birth to him. Choji and Karui got together too! Apparently, she was an amazing cook. Lucky Choji. Kiba got together with a ginger girl named Filica. She was a beautiful girl with well endowed curves. No wonder Kiba picked her! Hinabi got together with Konohamaru. Hinabi and been bragging to Hinata that they had their first kiss the other day. Konohamaru did the same thing to Naruto.

Hinata scrunched up her face as an amine vein popped out on her head.

"AAAARRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!" She snapped as she jumped up.

"Where the hell is he!?" She puffed through her teeth. She heard the front door click and her face lit up like a lightbulb. She pounced on Naruto and gave him a bone-crushing hug.

"Aw. You missed me that much?" He joked as he saw the broken table. He knew what that meant. She needed to say something and he was late!

"Naru! Naru! Naru! Guess whaaaat~!" She giggled as she jumped up and down. Uh oh. Naruto knew what was coming.

"Are you-...?"

"PREGNANT!!!" She yelled.

"SHIT!"

"What?! Don't you want a baby?!" She started to tear up.

"N-no! It's just... I'm not looking forward to all the cravings and mood swings and shit."

"Hey! No swearing infront of the baby!"

"But it's not even out!"

"It still has ears!"

"We only 'did it' yesterday!"

"We 'did it' three months ago too."

Naruto paused at that. So she was already three months along?

"I was throwing up but thought it was just a stomach bug. I notice d that I started to put on weight and fat in my tummy so I pieced it together and went to Sakura."

"Oh wow! Hey?! Why didn't you tell me you were vomiting?!" He said in mock anger.

"Because you were at work." She said flatly yet jokingly. They both remembered to last night and blushed a bit. They both laughed a little at each other's reactions.

"Hinata..." Naruto muttered quietly. Hinata quickly noticed this and all laughter died down.

"What is it Naruto?" She had a feeling that it wasn't good.

"I'm going on a mission... It's going to last a year... I won't be able to be there when the baby is gone..." He whispered lowly.

"N-Naruto... You're the Hokage! Can't you make someone else go?!" She said as her voiced cracked and tears spilled out of her eyes.

"I'm the only one suited... Our best ninja are either not willing, not capable or dead... I'm our only option. It's about... Orochimaru..."

"But isn't he dead?!" She yelled in disbelief.

"Believe me I was just as shocked. It turns out he was living on through Kabuto... At least he didn't survive." He said lowly. Hinata hugged Naruto tightly.

"Please be back soon..." She mumbled into his chest. She was devastated that he will miss the beginning months of the baby's life. She was heartbroken that he won't be there as support when she gives birth. She was absolutely dumbfounded that Orochimaru had survived.

Naruto turned around and Hugged Hinata. He kissed her forehead and whispered into her hair.

"I will. That's a promise." He hugged her even tighter and let a few tears escape his eyes. He couldn't bear the thought of leaving his Hinata all alone through her pregnancy.

"I never go back on my word."