xxviii. donna, donna

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕚𝕗 𝕚 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕤

RUSHING TO THE exit of the stage Marty would no doubt have to take Donna tried to instill some confidence in herself before following through. Becoming flustered now she shook her hands to try and keep herself calm over this. Wanting to be there before the track had ended she push open the doors to finish her pacing at the bottom of the steps. Being too caught in her own thoughts to even hear the long-winded rendition of guitar shred moment the boy in question was currently having on stage she smiled to herself when the long lasting note hit over thinking this to be a good thing.

Coming down the steps first was Marty but. . .not the one she initially intended. "Again?" She said, half in annoyance as he laughed at seeing her. Still knowing it was him she looked down apologetically. "I shouldn't have overreacted."

"Donna, I dropped a lot of information? I'd be worried if you didn't overreact."

"But I was rude?"

"I didn't think so."

Seeing him give her a cheeky grin she shoved him over this annoyed, faintly hearing the other Marty giving some apology onstage. Instead she focused on the one before her now. Already knowing what was meant to transpire at the end of tonight. Felt more appropriate to tell him this way. "There's always a funny way people are put into our lives." Donna shook her head over the scene between them. "This isn't one of those times."

Kissing her cheek Marty gave her a last look sadly once hearing the movements from the top of the staircase indicating he had less time to spare for her now. "I really wish it didn't have to be."

Leaving out the exit into the parking lot she watched off in a trance before being broken by the present Marty surprise to be meeting her at the stairs. "Donna?"

"You got your hands on that guitar then?" She teased as he smiled back to her while walking down the steps. Catching herself to speak up the two were interrupted by George and a surprised Lorraine coming up to them.

She raised a finger to her questionably. "Didn't expect to see you here, Donna?"

Laughing nervously she tucked her hands behind her back as if she were obviously guilty, even if nothing had happened. "Well I just wanted to talk to Marty about the uh . ." Seeing him smirking got her more flustered on how to best explain herself. "The music? Yes, the song he played just now."

Lorraine eyed her over this unconvinced but cracked a smile over how shy she had become so quickly. "Yes,well, Marty that was very. . . interesting music." He agreed as she looked back over to George hiding behind her. "I hope you don't mind, but George asked if he could take me home."

"Great, Good! Good, Lorraine," Marty told her as she beamed over his response.

Donna waved a finger between the both of them. "I had a feeling about you two."

"I have a feeling too," She told her as George came over to them now.

"Listen I gotta go but, uh, I wanted to tell you that its been. . .educational."

The two of them frowned over his comment. "Well will we ever see you again?"

Donna looked over to him becoming bittersweet over this before he nodded in confidence. "I guarantee it."