xx. teenager's romance

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕟' 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕟' 𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕦𝕝

NOVEMBER 11th, 1955

AT THE Walsh household, Donna was promptly awake yet again to swing her feet in bliss at the kitchen table in the early morning. Her parents, however, could care less about her obvious serenity with the events of her life thus far and thought it best to acknowledge all the flaws they thought had transpired from these past few days. Clearing her throat to gain the young girl's attention away from the stack of waffles she had gotten up to make for herself her mother folded her hands into the kitchen table to look to her sternly. "Donna what have you been doing these past few days?"

She only acted oblivious to the question and tilted her head over to her. "I don't know what you mean?"

"Well you didn't get home until dark, an hour past your curfew mind you, and I don't care if you're at Betty's house you know the rules!" The woman scolded to have her try to remain cordial despite the fact she thought this all to be dramatic for no reason.

"I was going to spend the night at her house and changed my mind? I'm sorry for causing a scare," Donna faked to shine a smile before trying to enjoy what was left of her breakfast.

With some grudge held out against her for even appearing to be tranquil as opposed to cowering over the lecture as she usually did, her mother persisted. "Something's off about you these days Donna. I- I don't know what it is, but there is."

"Oh really Charlotte, it's one thing to scold her about her curfew and another on her mannerisms," Donna's father interjected to have both widen their eyes for coming to her defense. Mind you his eyes were still locked onto the pages of his daily newspaper. Flicking to the next page he continued on with his actual motive behind thinking well of his daughter for a change. "Samuel Baker has been walking her to most her classes and carrying her books for her hasn't he?"

Before she could even ask how he found this out she bit her tongue, forgetting the longing presence that was the Incorruptible Strickland that lurked around Hill Valley High. Nodding over his mentioning this she shone another smile. "He has, he's very kinda that way."

Her mother perked up over hearing this to raise a hand over to her. "Is that so? Huh, that is very kind of him. Seems he's gotten more than attached to you," She teased.

"No, but you believing that he has is thrilling to be honest."

Only agreeing with her instead of voicing the response that had come to mind Donna enjoyed the praise she was receiving, even if it was superficial and covered in lies. Her parents never did much to show their affection which caused for her to seek it out stupidly whenever they did. This morning though she took what she could out of the usually cold individuals and went about with trying to return back to her blissful state of mind.

︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ.

WITH THE DANCE now tomorrow, the topic seemed to somehow become more prominent than it already had in the minds of each teenager at the high school. Last minute proposals for dates to the event were done to have some of the girls materialistically pass judgement on hoping they had a dress good enough on such short notice. Keeping up the charade the two were going steady at this rate due to their parents practically forcing them to be in each other's company, Samuel carried Donna's things over to the lockers on their passing periods for the last day of class.