xxv. little bitty pretty one

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕤

TOSSING UP the ragged stuffed bear as she lay back in her bedroom she continued to wait out through the boredom with the radio playing a Dean Martin hit softly through the speakers. Having hung up the prom dress on the door she simply left it there to admire without having much use of it now, sighing over having to deal with something she was thought was completely unnecessary. Catching the bear again she clutched it to her chest to roll over to the side to notice a figure coming up to her window. Seating herself up immediately she walked over to see Marty waving enthusiastically on the other side.

He knocked on the door to suggest for her to open it which Donna then grabbed her pen and paper on her vanity to begin to write down a message to save both their breaths of yelling to each other between the glass. Marty watched her confused as she continued to do this focused, pressing the paper against the glass for him once she was done. "Mom screwed with the locks in my room, I can't go to the dance."

Thinking this would spare him having to worry over anything that would come of her to also happen tonight and give him a break from the amount of stress he already had, he couldn't just leave her in the room. Especially with having come in to check on in her the first place before having to meet Doc to take the Delorean up to the courthouse before getting his mom.

He made wide, circular gestures to have her watch him confused. Giving up the charade act he decided to speak up instead. "Is your back door unlocked?" Widening her eyes over the trouble she shook her head to slam on the glass with him already smirking. "Get dressed, I'll break you out." Before giving her a chance to stop him Donna looked back over to the dress hung up in the room and closed up the curtains to change herself into it.

On the other side of the house Marty looked through the back door of the kitchen, the panel easy enough for him to open and unlock the door this way. Slipping through to hear the whispers of no doubt her parents at the dining table he continued to make his way through as quietly as he could until locking eyes with the youngest sibling. Halting in place with the child catching him the boy only let out a laugh and clapped out his hands for Marty to sigh in relief and slip through and up the stairs to the bedrooms.

"Locked door, locked door..." Marty said aloud, trying to find which of the doors was hers. Finding it and unlocking it he was stopped by Donna poking her head over to him.

"I'm still getting the zipper, give me a second."

He leaned against the doorway with a shrug of his shoulders. "If you need help—"

"I got it," She told him, shoving his hand away to shut the door again. This left Marty back out in the hallway to be on the look out for any footsteps that would be coming up. The door opened again for Donna to carry her shoes and clutch. He smiled over to her in the dress to have her look back up to him confused. "...My hair's not gonna be helped."

"As if you could get any prettier."

"Pick the time, sugar." Donna reached out to turn him back down to the staircase he had just come up from. The pair hesitating on moving any further when seeing her father crossing the front of it from the living room and back to the dining table. Moving slowly on their way until safely outside and at a great distance away from the house she held onto his shoulder to aid in her balance to put on her shoes. "Never wanted to be your damsel in distress."

"Why? You're so good at it?" Marty whined jokingly to have her roll her eyes as he continued to play with the idea by pulling her closer by her waist. "Could whisk you off your feet anytime you asked."