Elaina Basset

Elaina Basset

Four and a half hours later with complete seclusion and only one crying fit, I had made some progress in my work.

I hadn't gone inside at all, I didn't allow myself to get distracted.

It actually felt pretty good.

I'd consider it a successful morning. It was approaching noon now.

I decided that it was time to reward myself with a well deserved snack. I set down my paintbrush and walk away from my easel, across the green grass surrounding the villa.

I walk down the cobblestone path that lead to the back door. I take the clip out from my hair as I walk and let it fall down to my back.

I walk inside and turn into the kitchen, peacefully humming to myself as I look at my feet padding across the wooden floor. 

I really need to work on paying attention when I walk, because when I looked up, I saw Zayn and all of his friends sitting at our kitchen table.

My eyes go wide as I see the multiple pairs of eyes looking back at me.

I thought they left hours ago.

"Look who's back." the blonde one that I think is called Niall raises his fist in a playful cheer.

I try and force a polite smile, trying to hide my surprise and discomfort.

My eyes catch the medium length-haired one, Harry. He was looking me up and down with a smug smirk while leaning back in his chair, his arms crossed.

Now I'm just more uncomfy.

"Zayn." I quickly speak. "Can I please talk to you." I say.

He nods and stands up from the table, "be right back, boys." he says before walking over to me and putting his hand on my lower back to lead me out of the room.

We end up in the little seating area near the front door.

"What's up?" he questions, but his tone was telling me that he already knew what my concerns were.

"What's up? Zayn, why are they still here?" I gesture back to towards the kitchen.

He rubs his hand over his face, squinting his eyes in distress before he answers.

I don't know what's going on and I would really just like to know why there's four unfamiliar men here.

"Look, I haven't been completely honest with you..." he mumbles.

I blink a few times and shake my head. "What?"

I look into his brown eyes and end up being unable to read anything from them. I cant tell what he's thinking, all I know is he lied about something.