The Proposition ~ Part 2 ~

"Welcome, Prince Thor. Lady Nova."

The guards greeted you and Thor kindly as together you both approached the entrance to the elegant dining hall protected entirely by guards. Thor bowed his head to the golden men but you held your head down, your own thoughts reeling in your mind as your fingers delicately massaged at your wrist.

"I'm afraid this is where we part, Nova."

"Hm?" you stopped walking and turned back up to the large man standing still behind you.

He chuckled quietly. "I said that this is where we are to part. I must wait for my brother to join me so we may enter together."

You shook your head, bringing your hands behind your back. "Yes. Of course. Forgive me, your highness. My mind remains adrift."

He furrowed his brow. "You shouldn't worry about what took place too much, Nova." He placed his hand upon your shoulder. "I'll be sure the servant is put back into his place."

You looked down to his hand upon your shoulder, then back up to him with a false smile that almost anyone, but him, could see through. "That's very kind of you, your highness."

You really had no reason to be annoyed at him. He really was just protecting you from what he thought was a threat. If it had been anyone else you would have welcomed the interruption. But... it wasn't anyone else.

You sighed and bit at your lip. Thinking deeply for a moment as Thor waved to another person entering the room before turning his eyes back down to you.

"Prince Thor, " you began softly. "May I ask you a favor?"

"It would be my pleasure! What is it?"

"It's nothing really. I simply ask that we not mention what has happened just now... to your brother."

Prince Thor's face darkened. And his cheerful demeanor faded as quickly as it had come. "Nova, you are his suitor. He needs to know. That servant was out of line. And if you're hurt-"

"I'm not hurt. Really, I'm not," you responded far too quickly, moving your aching wrist out of his sight. "We should simply wait till after their festivities. We wouldn't want to ruin any of the fun, now would we?"

Thor furrowed his brow. "I am indebted to your thoughtful nature. But I am afraid that is something I cannot promise. If such a conversation comes about I will be telling my brother."

You shut your eyes and nodded. "I understand." you curtsied. "Thank you anyway, your highness."

"Of course, Nova."

You tucked your lips together in an effort to smile before turning away to walk towards the extended table filled with the most important people in Asgard. Thor as he said before didn't follow behind. And instead stood there and watched as the doors closed behind you with the last guests having officially arrived.

As expected with the royal event, the golden silverware, plates, and goblets lined each point of the table to the point of perfection. It seemed to glow with yet another beautifully lit chandelier hanging above. Many people were standing and talking. To their families, their significant others, whoever was by them really. Some had hastily found their seats in order to rest their feet from the long night of dancing and others had sat down because they all honestly seemed more starved than interested in anyone else at all.

You walked to the table, your brow still slightly furrowed in question as you searched for an empty seat. Each place had a chair but no name attached and it seemed you could really sit where you wished. Obviously many pushed towards the front as there three beautiful glistening golden chairs sat alone at the head of the table made for only the royals.