Loki

"Shhhh. You're alright, darling. I'm right here."

"Stop it... stop it, please..."

"I know, my love. I know." Loki cooed, his figure covered in shadows as the light poured in through the broken door behind him. "I am here this time. I am here to protect you. Just as I said I would be."

"What's happened, sir? Where have all these vines come from?"

An Illusion of Loki stepped away from the original, storming toward the men and pointing them into the hall. "Out! Now!"

"But sir! We-"

"I said out!" The illusion insisted, driving them back through the doorway. Raising his hand, a vision of a door appeared behind the false image of Loki. Abruptly the man turned on his heel, charging back into the room and slamming the door shut. Even if it was never even there.

The light from the hall had dissipated as the illusion appeared. And soon after, the illusion of Loki curled his fingers very slowly, lighting the candles of the room. Before dissipating himself.

The real Loki remained on his knees by her side. His hand stroking over the woman's forehead, then down to her cheek. His thumb brushing up against the scar inflicted on her by the attack.

The woman still quivered in distress. The very top of her head covered in a cold sweat, as her hands desperately gripped onto the sheet wrapped around her body. Her eyes held shut by a spell, but plagued by dreams even the prince himself had struggled to rid her of.

"I only left a minute. I am here again. I got past the vines." Loki whispered. "You can sleep soundly. I promise you."

"I... can't... I.." Tears slipped from her eyes. As she relived the horror of that night over and over. As the misery replayed every detail.

Another sob slipped from her throat, and suddenly the vines across the room grew in size. Some growing flowers while others grew great thorns the size of cats claws.

Loki looked away finally, watching the vines dance above him with great concern.

"No..." she whispered. "Not here... I know... I can't-"

"Shhhh." he drove his hands forward, streaking it through her hair. "Sleep soundly, my love. It is only a nightmare. It is not real."

Effortlessly, the woman curled into his hand. "Loki... help me. Please."

Loki softly sighed, brushing his thumb across her eyebrow. "I wish I could."

Her dreams of the attack must have become more vivid in his brief absence. Although, when she dreamt of it, all she could remember was him watching her in pain. Her mind reeling as the attacker carved the enchanted knife down her cheek and he just stood and watched.

"My darling, Nova, forgive me for all I've done." he cooed leaning his forehead against hers. "Til slutt, når alt er bra, håper jeg at jeg kan begynne å fortjene din kjærlighet."

In Asgardian still, the god at the side of his own goddess began to softly sing a lullaby. One of love and sleep, one of a king and queen, that unbeknownst to him in his desperately grim state, slowly pulled her back into the deep sleep she needed. His voice one of the only things that would soothe her when her mine remained in its dreamscape. Unaware of the entire world around her.

By the time the prince opened his eyes, the vines had returned to their original spot amongst the singular flower on the nightstand. And the golden glimmer on her hands faded away into nothing. Allowing the prince to grab them once again.