Familiar

"What if I were to switch the two? Then the children's tales would have the chance to go there instead of the calligraphy charts. Those of course would then only be moved a few shelves over... but..." You bit at the skin of your lip. "No. That wouldn't be right, would it?"

Magnus sighed.  "Unfortunately, I don't think it would. With if the vast amount of fiction, it is unlikely that we will be able-"

"To keep the Biographies all together in the end." You grumbled quietly. "Right. You're exactly right."

"Tedious as it is, I believe so as well."

"And we can't move the hexologies instead because..."

"... once all together they will take up their own shelf and possibly section."

"We'll need to collect those as soon as we're done here." You huffed. "But we can't place those anywhere until we get the biographies collected and fiction on a shelf who knows where."

Magnus raised his brow and picked up a few of the stray books from the floor. "Well, perhaps the biographies could fit on the farthest shelf instead. Leaving the fiction be and giving room for the hexologies."

"However, that would only work if we moved the records to the top floor."

"There aren't more than a hundred."

"There are far more than a hundred."

"Still, we could do it."

"And take such time?"

"Well, we could find someone else to do it for us.

You let out a soft chuckle. "I suppose we could. After all, that may be the only way to keep all the fiction together."

"And the hexologies on one singular shelf."

"Not to mention the vast amount of biographies that could even stay in their own section." you leaned your head in your hand with an amused smile. "It has always perplexed me how some just love talking of themselves so much that they write a book."

"And with our life spans, they eventually turn into a series."

You laughed quietly as you climbed a bit higher on the ladder. "Yes. I believe that all would work just fine."

"I'll start bringing them over then." Magnus grinned as he collected almost twenty books into his arms. "Keep on without me. I won't be long."

You smiled, not down to him but up to the shelf for your mind continued to work even as you conversed with him. He knew very well that the gesture was indicated for him but simply laughed quietly before continuing on.

The organization of the library had gone askew since you first arrived. It was not a commonly visited part of the palace for those of the servants and or guards. So when asked to help place things back once the literature had served their purpose, the unfamiliar would simply find empty spots and jostle them in. Nature guides soon become fixed in with telepathy research novels and hidden places of Asgard mixed in with children's tales. No one really knew how to put them away in the proper order. Not even you. That doesn't mean however that you weren't going to try.

Lifting your arm to place yet another book atop a certain shelf, you stopped and let out a long sigh. "No. No no, it needs to be on the bottom. I can't change that or it will cause everything around it to become askew."

"Could you possibly fit it in with the narratives instead?" Magnus called from two shelves over.

"Unfortunately, not without messing up the invention outlines."