A Day Away

Amelia placed the final books on your table. Although you did not pay much mind to it as your eyes stayed down, completly engulfed in the book in front of you.

"That is the last book on the Alfheim that I was able to track down Miss. Although I was able to find two more books each for Niflheim and Vannaheim."

Quickly placing the quill down, you sat up straight to gaze at her finds.

"Wonderful, Amelia. Thank you." You grabbed the books pulling them closer. "Were you able to find anything on the Jotunheimen?"

"I searched where I could, however, It does seem we have a lack of books on that certain realm."

"How unfortunate." You frowned as you closed the book in front of you. "Perhaps there is a section I missed as well."

"It is certainly possible."

You shrugged it off. "I will look around another time. I believe for now I have enough work for hours."

"Maybe evens days."

"Don't underestimate me, Amelia, it only encourages me." You playfully teased.

She laughed sweetly as she gathered a pile of books you had finished. "Is there anything else I may do for you Miss Nova before I go? Tea? Or something to eat?"

"Oh no, I believe I am quite alright. But truly, thank you for your help with my odd work I tend to be drawn to. I do not believe I could have found all of these wonderful books without you."

"An honor as always miss Nova." She bowed her head politely.

You smiled. "You are dismissed Amelia thank you."

She nodded her head before swiveling and stepping away.

You turned your eyes back to your work picking up your quill to begin again.

"Oh!" Amelia blurted out, quickly grabbing your attention. "Congratulations on the prince miss. I'm sure it was a wonderful night."

You fought to fake a smile. "Thank you, Amelia."

"My pleasure, m'lady." She curtsied politely before dashing around the bookshelves and out of the room.

As soon as she had disappeared behind the shelf you let your smile drop.

"So this is Hel." You sighed before laughing a bit. "I thought it would be worse."

No matter what you tried or where you would go, you were always reminded of it.

"Congratulations Miss Nova."

"The prince would be lucky to have you, Nova."

"Nova and Kari are the perfect suitors for him."

"A gown suited for a princess, Nova."

Nova, The suitor of the prince, the one everyone on the palace knew but nobody bothered in actually knowing. Because until you were in an actual seat of power, you meant absolutely nothing to anyone. You could not measure how many erroneous smiles you had given to the people who passed you. How much restraint it required of you as to act if everything was blissful and you were ignorant of what you were to them. A tool.

In hopes of keeping your mind off such things, you threw yourself into your work. For hours at a time, you congregated over the hundreds of books in the library, making notes and designing odd projects. And mostly, it did help. Rarely did you think of the prince as Magnus helped you collect the books. He was around you much more now. He always waited until your duties were done, then you would both go to the library or the garden or anywhere he could think of. It was freeing. However, those terrible thoughts always found you one way or another.