Love is Patience

You silently listened to the hum of the wind as you leaned over your high balcony. Watching the servants as they scrambled over themselves to collect flowers from the garden below for the grand feast tonight. The great feast. The simple yet essential grand ball where Prince Loki would announce the final two suitors he had selected over the course of the trials. It was quite important. Which of course so close to the end of the process it would seem anything would be.

They had dismissed so many women, eight if you were correct. And you were. After step of the process, two more would go. It was satisfying to see your theory was correct. However scary it was when you realized you had made it thus far.

Now there were only a few of you left. Anala, Kari Aria, and you. Only four. And only one would be chosen. You attempted not to worry. It was unlikely he would choose you. You had shown no interest in any of the things they had given. Trying your very best to blend in, hoping that they would ignore you every step of the way and eliminate you out of pure boredom. But still, you were here. Still likely to be one of the few betrothed to the ever so proud prince of Asgard.

Loki may have been everything you had ever heard him to be. Intelligent, handsome, and powerful, but no matter how much you were around him he always felt so distant. He was constantly standing in the back of the room observing the process without saying so much as a word. It was as if he was observing every woman. Especially you at times. But it didn't seem as if he did not want to be there as Magnus had suggested, he almost seemed as if he was playing with dolls. You detested that. And had made it very clear to the queen you did not wish to be here. So why in the norms did you make it so far?

You had to stop. You must.

You leaned over the balcony further trying to think of anything but that.

Your mind began to drift to the bushes below. And you slowly began to yearn to be down there yourself to run in the garden and help bloom the dazzling buds placed carefully in the bushes below. But you would not be allowed to do so as you must only stay in your room till the feast tonight.

Maybe tonight, with Magnus. You two could go out there and enjoy the gardens together. Even if you were dismissed they could not possibly make you leave till the morning. Of course, you couldn't bloom any flowers before him. You adored doing so but what would happen if the royal family knew you welded some magic? You could not risk pulling any more attention to yourself.

But he wouldn't tell, would he? He seemed kind of like that. He knew how to keep a secret. Knew to make you laugh, even if you did not want to. If he was not so completely stubborn, you would have called him... wonderful. He was so witty. And quite funny. Always listening to you as you babbled on and knowing what you meant even if you made no sense. He was so skillful and sarcastic and brilliant and...

"If I may miss," Amelia's voice dragged you from your thought as she trimmed the hem of your dress. "Who are you thinking about?"

You turned from the garden to look upon her. "I'm sorry?"

She shrugged innocently. "If you do not mind me saying Miss Nova, you are a very grounded woman. It is not difficult to tell when your head is dancing through the clouds."

You chuckled walking back inside the room. "And what exactly do I look like as my head is sailing up with the wind?"

She turned her eyes to the floor as she stood from the dress dusting her hands off. "I do not know If I should say."

"Oh but I insist. You've piqued my interest after all." You giggled as she moved to the front of the dress.

"Well, milady, you look brighter. Almost as if something new has come along that has a deeper meaning to you than anything before."