Chapter 3

Chapter 3

All Rights Reserved

*Harry's POV*

"You heard me," I state after Heather questions her hearing after I say she's cute. Her hazel eyes are bringing me in and I can't help myself.

"You know what? When I get out of here I hope that I never see you again!" she shouts and I can tell she's holding back tears. What happened to make her hate One Direction so much?

"I'm sorry, love, but we are stuck here," I respond and she scoffs,

"You don't think I know that?" she asks and looks over at me. "There are millions of girls out there who would die to meet you. Why does have to be two girls who couldn't care less about you have to be trapped in a store with One Direction?" She looks over at Chloe and she is sitting on one of the little benches while Niall is sitting next to her leaving very little space between them. "At least I thought there were two girls who couldn't care less in here. It turns out there is only one."

"Just lighten up," I say and her eyes turn towards me as if I said the rudest thing in the world.

"Lighten up? I don't have to," she states and walks over towards the closed gates. "Let me out!"

"No one will save you," I add and she just walks to the wall closest to her and slides down it. She hides her head in her knees and begins crying.

"I just wanted a normal day at the mall with my best friend. Is that what I get? Nope. I have to have this great day ruined by meeting One Direction and Chloe actually liking you!" she shouts as if it were the worst possible thing in this whole world.

"Why do we annoy you so much? We didn't do anything to you," I ask and slide down the wall next to her.

"People take this whole 'band' thing way too seriously. It's stupid. I wouldn't mind if they wouldn't talk about you guys all the freaking time. Chloe used to agree with me, but I have no idea what just happened. She....likes him," she explains with a disgusted look. "I just don't know why."

"Niall is such a fragile guy. You don't even understand. Girls who like sweet and sensitive guys will fall in love with Niall instantly," I explain and her eyes widen.

"She always says she loves blue eyes and a sweet and sensitive personality. She's screwed," she mumbles and I become confused.

"How is she screwed?" I ask.

"Chloe has a huge heart that breaks extremely easily over the smallest things. She may laugh at the smallest things, but she can also get extremely affected by the smallest things. If she falls for Niall, he'll leave her for tours and stuff and she'll be broken even though they are technically together. She wants to have a boyfriend who is always there for her and sorry if I am insulting your little friend, but when she falls, she falls hard. He'll have to leave her someday and I don't want her to go through that, but of course she won't listen to me," she explains and looks stressed out.

"You really care about her, don't you?" I ask.

"Of course I care about her. She's my best friend and she's going to get her heartbroken. I know Jake and he is perfect for Chloe. She saw that before she laid eyes on your stupid blond friend!" she shouts and I just take her hand, but of course she pulls it away. "Don't touch me."

"Just listen. Chloe will be all right. Niall is a sweet boy," I exclaim and she shakes her head.

"He's famous and no matter what personality he has, there is no way to change the fact that he has to leave her, whether it's his fault or not. You have a voice. You can't let people control you and that's all that famous people do. They got controlled by managers, producers, and many other people. They are always given orders. They have no freedom to do whatever they want. They don't have the chance to have a private and thoughtful relationship," she retorts and I actually agree with her. "Also, Chloe is an amazing singer and by what you told me about Niall, he may want to get her a contract then every one will think she used him and I don't want people thinking the sweetest girl in this whole world is someone completely different. This whole thing is a recipe for disaster."

"I guess you're right, but don't you think Chloe can make decisions for herself?" I ask.

"She did well picking Jake out, but now? I just don't know what goes through that girl's head sometimes. I wish she would just stop talking to him. He's making her fall harder and harder by the minute. By the end of the day I bet she will be completely in love with him. Then, when things don't work out according to the fantasy up in her head, she'll be empty," she explains once more and I don't know why, but I actually want to get Chloe not to fall for Niall, either, but by the looks of it, Niall looks like he's falling in love as well.

"Have you ever stopped to think that maybe if Niall leaves her to go on tour that he'll be equally upset?" I ask and she just stares at me.

"That's the freaking point," she begins. "They can't be together."

Suddenly, that moment I've been praying for comes along. I'm staring into her wonderful hazel eyes and she's staring back into my green eyes and maybe for a second she sees something in me she hasn't seen before. Maybe even potenitial of being a great boyfriend for her.

"Anyhoo, I need to stop this before something goes wrong," she exclaims and gets up.

"But, Heather," I whisper silently begging her not to get involved.

*Heather's POV*

As I walk over to Chloe, her attention is focused completely on Niall, who I bet knows exactly what he's doing. He's setting her up for a major heartache. I hope he understands that he's setting himself up for a major heartache as well.

"Chloe, we need to leave now," I state very matter-of-factly. She just keeps carrying on with her conversation with Niall as if I am not here whatsoever.

"Chloe, your eyes are really pretty and brighter than any girl's eyes I have ever seen," Niall compliments her and another giggle escapes her lips. Each compliment Niall gives is one step closer to a bigger heartache.

"Just stop!" I shout and grab Chloe's arm and pull her off the bench. "You can't do this. Jake has a major crush on you like you have a crush on him."

"Look, it doesn't matter. If Jake really liked me he would've told me by now. It's not my fault he was too slow and that I actually might be replacing him," she responds and I can't take it anymore.

"That means we need to leave. You'll leave Jake heartbroken," I exclaim.

"He's left me heartbroken. Maybe he'll get a taste of his own medicine," she retorts.

"He didn't know you felt the same way," I reply and she scoffs.

"Whatever," she explains.

"Come on," Harry states behind me and I lose it. I turn around and slap him in the face.

"God, why is everyone here so damn annoying?!" I shout.