~Chapter Twenty~

AU: none
Type: Fluffy
Ship: Dukexiety (Virgil x Remus)
Jeez, can you tell I like Dukexiety-
Triggers: None?
Enjoy~
-

It was a late night and Virgil was listening to music and scrolling through his social media accounts. Then came a soft sound it was very quiet at first and Virgil barely heard it so he brushed it off.

Then he heard it again only louder this time. By then he was concerned so he took off his headphones and got up to try to find the source of the sound.

It didn't take him long to discover that the sound was coming from outside in the hall. So he opened his door and sure enough, there was a tiny ebony cat with white paws sitting there meowing.

Startled he picked up the kitten carefully. He then shut the door and inspected the small animal for any injuries. After seeing there were none Virgil sits the kitten down.

"Now what am I going to do with you?" Virgil sighs knowing he couldn't keep the kitten because Patton is allergic to cats.

The tiny ball of fur meows again signaling to Virgil that they were hungry.

"Hold on little guy I've gotta summon food first." Virgil then thinks about what kittens eat surely they just drink formula right? Maybe I should Google it so he picks up his phone and figures out that they do indeed just eat wet food and kitten formula.

So he summons a saucer of formula for the small thing. The hungry kitten immediately starts to gulp the pale liquid from the white bowl.

"Poor thing you must have been starving. Although how'd you get there in the first place?"

The kitten simply looks up at the anxious trait with its wide amber eyes. Virgil melts at how adorable the little thing is.

A little later Virgil hears a knock on his door, curious as to who was up this late he got up and opened the door.

Surprisingly it was Remus "What did you need?"

Remus shifts his weight and asks "Did you happen to see anything go near here?"

Virgil raises an eyebrow "Like?"

"Uh, I think it was a dark color. Look some animal ran in here when I opened the door earlier because I heard noises." Remus explains

Virgil eyes him suspiciously and waves him into his room. Remus then spots the kitten and puts the pieces together "Are you gonna keep it?" Virgil sighs "I can't...."

"Why not" Remus tilts his head curious "Patton's allergic to cats." Remus nods and looks back to the small kitten looking up at them with wide eyes. The small ebony cat walks up to Virgil and rubs on his legs Virgil smiles and leans down to pick up the kitten. "We could set this little guy up in the imagination, Roman hardly goes over to my side of the imagination." Virgil thinks for a moment "Alright let's go"

The two sides walk to the imagination door keeping an eye out for anyone. They sneak through and walk to Remus's castle. After they get in they use a spare storage room. Remus and Virgil clean out the junk and Remus summons a bowl for the kitten and a litter box along with a fluffy green cat bed. "Thanks Remus" Virgil looks to Remus smiling "Eh don't mention it V."

"So what are you gonna name him?" Remus asks while holding his hand out to the tiny kitten "Hmm maybe Storm?"

"It's perfect."

The two smile and play with the kitten til morning.

Sorry it's been awhile 😅 Well hope you enjoyed!