42

Camila's Pov
The next evening
Tonight is the night of the charity lacrosse game and we have a plan. I walk into the field with Scott and Liam and we see camera crews with cameras and microphones. We look to our side and see Devenford Prep's bus pull up and the team start to walk out.

"Camila!" I hear Brett call over to me and I jog over to him.

"Hey Handsome." I say pulling him in for a hug.

"Hey Gorgeous." he says wrapping his arms round my small torso.

"Be careful tonight. The Beast is going to be here." I say to him as we pull away.

"I'll be careful if you promise you will be." he says.

"I will be. Do you want me to stay with Lori?" I ask him.

Brett smiles. "That will be great. My two favourite girls cheering me on." he smirks.

"What makes you think I'll be cheering you on and not Liam." I smirk at him.

"Because I'm hot." Brett states cockily.

"I can't deny that your hot but so is Liam, isn't that right!" I call over to Liam who puts his thumb up in agreement.

Brett laughs and I turn back and face him with a smile on my face.

"So you got anyone yet?" he asks.

"I-uh I don't know anymore." I say blankly.

"Why? Who is it?" he questions.

"Theo." I answer.

"Oh him." Brett mutters with a sympathetic look on his face.

I look at him with a confused face and he realises that I don't understand what he means by that.

"Liam keeps me updated." Brett explains.

"Ahh yes, the true bEsTiEs." I joke.

"Trust me it was a shock to me too." Brett says causing me to laugh.

"Camila, we gotta go." Scott shouts over to me.

"I'll see you later okay." Brett says placing a kiss on my forehead as I hug him.

"Bye." I smile at him before I run and catch up with Scott.

Pre-Game Pack Meeting
I'm standing around a table with Stiles, Scott, Liam, Mason, Malia and Kira.

"Mason you know your part?" Scott checks with Mason.

"Corey and I will break into Devenford Prep's bus and check their shoes." Mason says.

"I take off the tv vans." Malia speaks up.

"Right before the whistle Coach forfeits the game." Stiles's explains.

"So we're looking for a size 10 with a bloody sole." Liam says.

"Just out of curiosity what if it doesn't work?" Malia asks.

"What if we have to go up against that thing? I mean not to bring up bad memories but Scott is still healing from what Theo did to him." Malia adds.

Scott shakes his head and lifts up his shirt, revealing nothing. I'm rubbing my shoulder as I look at Scott.

"It healed that night we got Lydia out of Eichen House, we were altogether." Scott says smiling Stiles.

Stiles smile turns into a frown when he sees me rubbing my shoulder. He walks over to me and moves my hand out of the way, pulling the right side of my hoodie down.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"You didn't say it was still there." Stiles says covering Donovan's mark back up.

"Has it not healed?" Scott asks and I shake my head no.

"It could be guilt." Stiles says.

"Huh?" everyone questions confused.

"You could be telling yourself not to heal because you feel guilty about what happened." Stiles suggests.

Scott and the pack look at me and I'm busy looking at Stiles.

"You know what happened wasn't your fault, right?"Scott says.

"Yeah I killed my whole family, if that helps." Malia speaks up.

I stay silent and nod my head.

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Liam says.

"Yeah, I know." I stammer out.

"So if it's not guilt blocking the healing then what is it?" Mason asks.

"Deaton says that something happened which caused me to stop healing." I say.

Liam takes a step closer towards me, passing Malia.

"Can I try something?" he asks.

"I-uh sure." I agree and he pulls me into a hug.

"Okay we're doing this I guess." I say confused.

"Shh I'm trying to concentrate." Liam says hugging me tighter.

"It's healing." Scott announces and I pull away from Liam and touch my shoulder and I can't feel it there.

"What?"

"How?" Malia asks from behind us.

"Remember when she used to only be able to heal when she was with me and we were touching, well at the start of the school year she was able to heal." Liam explains.

"And now she can't." Scott says.

"Why's that?" Mason asks.

"Because of Theo." Stiles says and I turn around and shake my head at him.

"Come on Cami, it adds up. You learnt how to heal when he came and now he's betrayed us all you can't heal without Liam."Stiles says.

I shake my head no.

"Come on guys let's just get back to the plan."I say.

I feel them practically staring blankly at me.

"Guys come on." Scott says and stands besides me.

"We're a pack. The Beast doesn't have a pack." I state.

"Not like us." Stiles says.

"No one dies tonight." he adds.

"Let's do this." Liam says.

Mason is staring at the plan on the table and sighs.

"Intense."