19

Camila's Pov
1 hour later
I've been reading a little better now and I'd gotten to Chapter 4, not as good as everyone else but good enough.

"What does this word mean?" I ask Theo pointing to a word in the book.

"Arduous. You know like difficult or tiring." Theo explains.

"Kind of like this book." I say yawning slightly and he chuckles.

"What Chapter are you on?" he asks.

"Finishing 4." I say.

"Your doing really well." he smiles at me.

"Thanks." I smile back before beginning to read again.

"Her chest rose and fell again and again as she sucked air into her lungs." I start to read in my head.

Blackness consumes me and I open my eyes again and see Little Allison sitting with Little me on my bed in my room. Suddenly I start breathing heavily and gasping for breathe. Struggling to breathe.

"DADDY!" Little Allison screams and my Dad runs into the room

"Allison what's happening to Camila?" he asks picking me up off of the floor and carrying me in his arms.
"She can't breathe Daddy. Somethings happening." Little Allison cries as I get carried downstairs and placed into the car.

We arrive at the hospital and I'm wheeled away in a gurney into a hospital room.

"I'm sorry but she needs to have a kidney transplant immediately otherwise she will die in a few hours." the nurse says to my Dad.
"We only have one kidney each, we donated last year when we were strapped for cash." my Mom says.
"I can do it." Little Allison says.
"Are you sure honey?" Dad asks her and she nods.

Allison nods and the nurse grabs her hand and takes her into the surgery room.  I woke up with a deep breath in and out. I look over to my left and see Little Allison in the chair besides me.

"Thank you Allie." I mumble as she grabs my hand.
"I love you Cammy." she smiles sadly at me.
"I love you too." I smile wearily at her.

" I smile wearily at her