𝟬𝟭𝟵

█████████████████████████

( 019. DEAD DEAD DEAD )

█████████████████████████

✧゚・:┊MAYA STAYED FROZEN, NOT OVERLOOKING THE CHILLING TOUCH OF THE BLADE ON HER NECK.

Her eyes scanned the room, itching to do something about the position she was in. She knew there was a person behind her with a knife, a weapon she could aquire if she put her down.

Just hoping Gin wouldn't slit her throat as a reflex after what she was going to do, she elbowed her; more specifically, in the diaphragm, where it hurt the most. Gin doubled over, the grip she had on her knife loosening.

Maya was going to wrestle it off the girl in front of her but stopped short when she heard the guns cock around her, the men holding the weapons surrounding her.

Dazai grit his teeth, silently cursing Maya for getting herself into a much tougher situation. Akira was worrying and praying, her fingers curling into a fist on her lap.

Maya was a little over worried. She had no usefull special ability, nor did Dazai, having no specific ability to nullify. The only way was to talk their way through this mess till they could ring up the Armed Detective Agency.

"Hirotsu-san," said Dazai, turning heads, "do you think you can go deaf if someone screamed loud enough?"

And something clicked. Uncertain whether what Dazai was implying was going to work, she screamed.

Screaming into someone's mind was much more damaging than screaming into someone's ears. And Maya did just that and screamed as loud as she could at the highest frequency she could in their heads. The two were quick to move when the group was preoccupied with trying to get their brains to recover quickly from her scream, running in different directions— Dazai going to escort the hostages and Maya snatching a pistol or two.

The two merged between the crowd, walking quick. Maya tossed Dazai a pistol, ignoring him snicker.

"Do you know how to use one of these?"

"No, guess I'll just have to make do. Call the Agency,"

They were forced to conclude their brief conversation when their ears were met with multiple gunshots, the crowd around them panicking and advancing forward. When the crowd cleared, two bodies dropped to the crowd came into their view, bloodied and bullets stuck in their backs.

Maya didn't have the time to stare in horror and cruelty delivered to them, instead opting to run alongside Dazai, the men with the guns hot in pursuit. They tripped on their feet, turning down halls— left, right, right, left— and eventually reached the cafeteria, diving to hide under the table in the farthest corner.