𝟬𝟬𝟰

█████████████████████████

( 004. SAD SOB-STORY )

█████████████████████████

✧・゚: ┊"AMAYA, YOU HAVE A FRIEND TO SEE YOU,"

Maya stopped kneading the dough and looked over her shoulder to see Mrs. Shio standing in the doorway, a small smile on her face. The younger girl furrowed her eyebrows. People almost never never visted her unless it was an emergency and she couldn't help but think that someone must have burned the house down, or flooded it or something. She was expecting Juno and Juro or Daku or her sisters... not fucking Dazai.

He was waiting patiently outside the doors of the little café, his hands in his pockets and reading a rather depressing book with a red and white cover: The Complete Guide To Suicide.

"What're you doing here?"

He looked up from his book and gave her a smile. "Picking you up,"

"For what?"

"I don't know." he shrugged, then looked at her dirty apron and half-washed hands, "Are you going to come like that or...?"

Maya glared at him, doing that cute thing with her cheeks and eyebrows making her look like a stubborn little child. "Wait here." was all she said before turning around and dashing to change her clothes. She only dumped the apron and kept her black T-shirt and rolled-up jeans on, not bothering to change because her work clothes looked just fine. She kept her hair in a loose bun, some baby hair falling out and framing her face. Her outfit was rather plain, compared to the showy and awesome coat and bolo tie Dazai wore. She wanted a bolo tie now. She wanted to look awesome like him but brushed it off, thinking it as a childish want.

"So where do you want to go?"

"I'm hungry,"

"Well then, let's go eat."

・゚: ゚・: :・゚:・゚

"Two chocolate pastries, please."

The waiter nodded, walking off with their orders after muttering something about bringing it in a few minutes. Maya looked at Dazai, Dazai looked at Maya. They gazed into each other's eyes, unblinking, but that was only before Dazai lazily leaning against the table, a smile on his face.

"How are you?"

Maya furrowed her eyebrows, "Why're you asking me that?" she asked, though she knew very well why he was asking that. He shrugged, "No reason. Just wondering how you're doing after your father died."