𝟬𝟬𝟴

█████████████████████████

( 008. MAKE IT STOP )

█████████████████████████

✧゚・:┊'I WATCHED YOU BOARD AN AIRPLANE'

The music trailed out of the speaker faintly from inside the house, smooth and melodious as it was as always. It was her favorite song then.

"Kyo," she said, her voice calm but quivering in his head, "put the gun down. We'll- we'll sit down and talk. We... we'll talk about this,"

He didn't think he'd ever heard her voice crack before. His hand trembled, and along with it, the gun, whose muzzle he held to his head. His bottom lip trembled, no, more like vibrated. He bit it down, but it felt like his teeth were chattering. He was scared. So was she.

"Kyo," she said again, taking a step forward, the wet grass irritating the soles of her feet and sticking unfortably against her feet. "Put the gun down,"

He shook his head, his finger reaching out to rest lightly over the trigger of the gun. Tears streamed down his face, and he curled his toes in the recently watered grass, feeling the icky touch of wet grass.

'A high-dive from a summer's heat wave, down
A bit tongue and a taste of iron'

She was past telling him that everything would be okay, that he could be away from his messy life that was like a blotch of ink on white paper. She had been feeding him white lies anyway, and they could only do so much.

"Kyo, please," she begged, taking steps closer. One step, two steps, three steps, stop. She was standing an arms length away from him now, and he could see how her shoulders quivered just as much as her lips did. "Don't do-"

He shouldn't have pulled the trigger that day.

・゚: ゚・: :・゚:・゚

She woke up.

(It stopped being scary a long time ago.)

On the long, beige couch of her house in her living room. She sat up, crossing her legs and looked behind her, at the island table-top of the kitchen on which rested a box of cookie mix, the one she forgot to put away last night. The house was quiet, the evening sunlight drawing patterns on the wooden floor through the windows. The house was cold from the inside, but it was hot outside.