𝟬𝟬𝟯

█████████████████████████

( 003. AN OPTIMIST, BUT A PESSIMIST )

█████████████████████████

✧・゚:┊"MIZUKI!"

Maya turned around, eyes searching for who had called her only to find Watanabe Daku jogging towards her. She began walking and watched from the corner of her eye as the brunet matched his pace with her.

Watanabe Daku was an interesting person and was in her ethics class, being Professor Suzuki's favorite student. He was even in her high school, but they didn't talk much then.

Daku liked Maya.

And it wasn't just because she had been nice enough to chase away the bullies in their sophmore year in high school. It wasn't anything, really. He just liked her because Maya was Maya and he liked that about her. Maya, on the other hand, knew that he had a major crush on her. She didn't mind though, he was the closest thing to a person who listens to a person who can't talk.

"How was your day?" he asked.

She shrugged. She didn't want to tell him that she watched a movie with a total stranger the last night and that she always ate cheese when she felt sad. He just thought she ate cheese everyday because she liked it. She didn't want to tell him that her mother replaced her late father by marrying her neighbour and dying in a hole felt better than being sent away honorably. She didn't want to tell that ever since she met Dazai that she has been thinking about the dead and death a lot. No, instead, she signed to him, 'I watched Bollywood  movies yesterday,'

"Oh," he said, "that's cool."

He stopped when she entered the café she worked at, waving at him, indicating to him that he should go.

"Oh? Oh. Okay, bye. I'll... I'll see you tomorrow. Yeah. Great." He didn't realize that he was just talking to the glass doors now.

"Amaya," called Mrs. Shio upin seeing Maya enter the kitchens, wearing her usual uniform— a black T-shirt and blue jeans rolled up to the middle of her calves. The girl looked up, momentarily ceasing taking out the eggs and milk from the fridge. Mrs. Shio walked towards the girl— a slow walk that was more like the woman hobbling and she took five seconds to walk two steps— and placed the delivery cap on top of her head.

'What're you doing, Mrs. Shio?' signed Maya, tilting her head in confusion.

"Today, you'll be delivering to the Armed Detective Agency,"