𝟬𝟭𝟴

█████████████████████████

( 018. STRAWBERRIES )

█████████████████████████

✧゚・:┊HER SISTERS HAD STARTED DRESSING HER THREE HOURS BEFORE DAZAI CAME TO PICK HER UP AT 6.

She was just going for a college dance, she had told them, she wasn't going to attend the coronation of the princess of Costa Rica. And Costa Rica didn't even have a princess; all the more reason to not start dressing up so early.

Maya could barely grasp onto what her sisters were doing with the curling and drying and the make-up. And, unfortunately for them, they had dressed Maya up within an hour, meaning she had to wait two more till Dazai showed up at their doorstep.

Maya mindlessly opened the door of the fridge and took out a bowl filled with strawberries. She sat down at the dining table, picking up one strawberry and gingerly and biting into it. The strawberry was cold in her mouth— courtesy of the bowl being in the fridge for half a day— and sweet, but sour at the same time. One after the other, she devored the strawberries, leaving nothing but an empty bowl stained red behind. Her tongue and fingers and lips were stained crimson as much as the bowl too, the sweet taste dancing on her tongue like thunder.

The bell rung.

Maya's head whipped towards the door, and before she could even walk two steps towards the door, her sister came rushing down, telling her something about "the element of surprise" and swung open the door to reveal Dazai.

Anzu was clearly disapppinted that he held no bouquet— not even a bouquet, he wasn't even carrying a single flower for the girl. He was dressed sharply, though, as always, and Maya wasn't surprised at all.

A grin painted her face and she wore her shoes as quick as she could— because if she wasn't fast enough her sisters would start questioning— and closed the door shut, dragging Dazai towards her college that was just a five minute walk away.

"Oi, Maya!" yelled Anzu after her, "You wore your sneakers instead of your heels!"

"Good evening," said Dazai curtly, eyes raking over her form.

She donned a simple, yet elegant dress, off-shouldered, its bodice completely black and the long skirt printed with colorful flowers dragged at her heels as she walked. Her hair were tied in a bun, some loose strands of dark hair falling to frame her face and she wore the same yellow on her nails.