EPILOGUE

The past months have been hard for us. I am aware of our current situations, some of us barely even surviving. I don't want to romanticize what we've been through and what's going on; but surviving everyday? I'd like to commend everyone of us for staying strong and moving forward.👏🏻

I'd like to take this moment to say thank you to everyone who embarked into the journey with me as I write this book. To be honest, I thought of giving up but everytime I'm about to do it, you; my bangers... have given me enough reason to go on and continue, right at the perfect time...

To my friends, who supported me in this journey particularly; Tin, Jas, Sha and Gelly! I love you all. You don't know how much your support means to me and without you, I am nothing.

I hope you learned something from Cadi, Alder and everyone in this book. May we always see the beauty in people despite their flaws and imperfections. I always strive to create my characters realistically; because how else would I write them, right? :)

Please, everyone! Take care, stay healthy and never forget to call the Powerful being above us. He hears us.

EPILOGUE

Both of my parents told me that happiness in life cannot be measured with what you have. Of what you achieved, or your wealth or any positive things you possess and have. It can help to make you happy but it's always going to be just superficial. Always just lurking at the surface, not sure if it's meant to stay or when will it be gone.

"Happiness should always comes from within, Alton." Iyon ang madalas kong naririnig kay Mama.

She came from a family of aristocrats from the far north, she grew up with a golden spoon in her mouth and she's very privileged but she would always tell me tales, lonely tales how it never gave her happiness, comfort and peace. Aniya'y naging masaya lamang siya nang sinunod niya ang puso niya, kinuha ang gustong kurso at nang pinakasalan niya si Papa.

I just wanted to be that kind of happy so I made sure that I pursued the right things.

And to love the right things... The right people...

"You'll spend Christmas in Moscow, anak? Tutuloy ka? Hindi ka talaga sasama sa amin sa Switzerland?" My mother's curious eyes darted on my luggages.

I sighed, nodding slowly trying to reach for her but she stopped me, her hands are in the air. My mother is or rather, was... very pretty. Beautiful inside and out. She has this elegant look in her face, soft eyes and a porcelain like skin. One thing I acquired from her.

"Hindi ko nagugustuhan ito, Alton."

"Ma, Viana is already waiting for me. You know how alone she is-"

"I know but you both don't have to suffer being away from your family. It's her parents mistake-"

"Mama, Viana is not as tough as you think she is."

It was one of my many stupid reasons so I could just be with Viana and support her. Alam ko kung gaano kagulo ang buhay niya rito sa Pilipinas. How she hates her father, her family... At bilang boyfriend niya, gusto kong naroon ako palagi para sa kanya. Never mind that our families have cut our severed ties.

I was young, a fool... And I admit I am reckless.

I thought I know the world. I thought I know love. I thought I love Viana deeply... But thinking and feeling are not the same thing. And I wasn't able to realize that earlier.

I was just so eager to show her how much she means to me. Because I know, I am in love with her. I mean, we celebrated Holidays every year since '05. Kaya nakatatak at nakasanayan ko na kami na talaga.