𝐂𝟗

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Today is our last official day in Liyue. We didn't spend as much time here, but the Windblume festival was approaching soon and I will have to return to help set up. When I had woken up I didn't see Bennett anywhere. I searched the bathroom and he was not there either.

Did his unlucky self get kidnapped in the middle of the night?

I put on my day clothes and stepped outside of the room. I turned down the halls and reached the balcony where I caught a glimpse of Xiao who we had met yesterday. He must've sensed me because he turned around and glared at me.

"Oh Mr.. Xiao!" I greeted him.

His glare didn't leave me, "You can drop the formalities."

My heart did a backflip and I awkwardly laughed, "Oh sorry. I was actually wondering, if you've seen Bennett around?" Xiao's glare then turned into a look of confusion as if he didn't know who I was talking about. "He has whitish gray hair, probably a pair of goggles on his head. Scar on his shoulder."

Xiao turned his back towards me and pointed down off the balcony, "No clue where he went. But I saw this Bennett leave earlier this morning. My best guess is he's probably around not too far from this Inn."

I nodded and waved him off, "Thank you Xiao!" I didn't wait for a response but I also didn't believe I would receive one. I headed out of the Inn and down the elevator in search of Bennett.

------------

When I had reached the ground I searched around the area hoping to see a spec of white hair anywhere. Nothing. I was starting to think maybe he really was kidnapped.

I then expanded my search to a wider area and continued looking for him. Still nothing.

I had reached the far end of a pond when I spotted a head of white gray hair. I ran over to get a closer look and was met with none other than Bennett.

"By the gods Bennett. I had thought you got yourself kidnapped."

He looked up and scratched the back of his head. "Oh! Haha, no sorry. I took a bit of a walk earlier. Didn't mean to scare ya. I was gonna try and head back before you woke up."

I sat down next to him and observed the pond he was at. "So what made you come out here so early in the morning?" I questioned.

He opened his mouth to say something but ended up hesitating. "I was just looking for something." He gazed across the pond and up at the mountains that surrounded us.

"Really? Well I can help you look if you would like. What is it?"

He waved his hands in front of him and shook his head, "Oh no no no. Nothing you need to worry about. I'll find it on my own. Besides, what good adventurer could I be if I was incapable of finding what I needed?" He laughed and moved his hand across the grass and flowers. "The plants here are interesting."

I tilted my head in confusion. "How so? They look the same as they do in Mondstadt." I said looking at the small flowers around us and the pond.

"True true. But they have just a certain Liyue touch to them. Like this sweet flower right here. It has the same shape as the ones in Mondstadt, but the stem is a lighter green than those."

I picked one up and investigated it. He was right. The shade of green was just a smidge bit lighter. "Wow. I never thought to look at the stems so intently. Are you interested in flowers?"

He shrugged, "Not just flowers. It's really just nature in general. What about you? Do you have a favorite flower or something?"

I tapped my chin. "Favorite flower hm... I do like (F/F Favorite Flower) The smell they give off is so irresistible."

He hummed to himself seemingly lost in thought. "You do remind me of a (F/F)." He said quietly.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Bennett seemed to panic and quickly explained himself. "No no! It's not a bad thing, honest! You just remind me of them is all. The way they sway in the wind so carefree but no matter how violently wind blows, they seem to never get blown away. Like your work with the Knights I guess." He laid back on the grass and looked to the sky. "You do your jobs for the day, and still are just so.. Carefree."

I smiled at his comment about me. Bennett pays closer attention to details than he lets on. He actually knows a lot more in general than he lets on.

"Since we're on the subject. You remind me of a Wolfhook. You're a bit rough around the edges. However you are a strong willed adventurer who never gives up. I like that about you." I turned my head to see he was smiling and...blushing a bit?

"Well if that's the case I sure do hope I can live up to your adventurer standards!" He laughed.

The morning passed us by quicker than we had realized. The air had gotten cooler and a light breeze whisked us. Bennett told me more stories about his adventures, and in return I gave him my full attention.

"Time flies doesn't it?" He stretched his arms over his head and stood up. "I'll have to thank you one way or another."

I brushed myself off, "Thank me? For what?"

He paused for a moment, "For not leaving me."

That's when my heart broke into possibly a million little pieces. Did he really think I'd abandon him? Is he really used to feeling constantly alone.. "Bennett don't be ridiculous. Didn't I promise I wasn't going anywhere?" I stood up and stretched and smiled at him. "Here let's fist bump it and seal the promise, yes?" I held out my fist towards him.

He seemed skeptical at first. He held his hand out and it had just a slight shake to it. "Are you sure? It's not really a big deal or anything, I'm perfectly fine with--"

I cut him off and our fists met with each other. "There. It's a promise." His hand instantly stopped shaking and his eyes widened. "For what it's worth, you can think of me as..." I thought for a moment. "Your lucky charm!"

His eyes softened and a pink tint dusted over his cheeks. "Damn it... Getting all sentimental is not something I'm used to."

"Don't sweat it. Now, let's go find some Liyue ruins to explore before it gets too late." 

Loving Bennett hours.. he's so precious oh my gawd..