𝐂𝟏

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

It was another fairly busy day in the Knights Of Favonius. Everyone had been keeping themselves busy. Either clearing out hilichurl camps, filing documents from recent expeditions, or just finding something to occupy themselves. Being one of the younger members of the Knights, I always had to work somewhat harder to make my strength known. Of course, everyone knew I worked my strength in my own way. I carry myself well, and hold a pretty decent cryo vision, as well as my catalyst weapon.

After finishing my patrol rounds outside the gates, I had hurried back to the headquarters to ask for another assignment. I knocked on the door that led to Jean's office and heard a soft voice allowing me to enter.

"Ah, Y/N. Back so soon?" Jean asked. She has stacks of books piled on her desk, probably from Lisa. As well as a few papers she had been writing on. She was also accompanied by Kaeya, Lisa, and Amber.

"Yep. I made my way around the perimeters and there was nothing in sight. Seriously, not even a slime was around." I sighed, taking a seat in front of her desk. She chuckled and pointed a finger at Amber, "I think Amber might've cleared a lot out yesterday morning."

Amber gave a thumbs up and a big smile, "Indeed! But even yesterday, there still wasn't much to fight."

"That's probably a good thing then. It must mean we're getting closer to completely making the area around here safe." Lisa added on. She was dusting the bookshelves, and neatly placing the books from Jean's desk into the empty spaces.

"Sooo.." I said, placing my elbows on the desk, "Any news on future explorations?" I questioned. Jean shook her head, "Not that I know of."

I leaned my head back and groaned. "I wish I was like Aether, he gets to go out, and explore everything in Teyvat! To think of everything he's seen, the worlds he's been to. Must be so exciting."

Kaeya walked over and placed a hand on my head, "Trust me, I would hate to be in Aether's shoes right now. He's looking for his sister and he just takes commissions from everyone. I mean, have you ever seen him sleep?" He then ruffles my hair and laughs, "Also! I do think I have something you might want to explore."

I looked up with wide eyes, ready to take on the adventure, "Really? What is it? Where is it?"

"Well.. it's actually that Mountain that blocks Mondstadt from Liyue. Dragonspine. I heard it's quite the place to explore." He explains. Jean, Amber, and Lisa looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Y/N. Don't listen to him. Dragonspine is a place with a sub zero climate. The monsters up there are pretty intense. Not to mention I've heard Aether talk about Fatui being spotted on the mountains. Treasure hoarders. Literally every bad thing is up there." Jean said. To her she was giving me a warning, but in reality, it just made me more excited to go.

"That sounds pretty badass Jean! How could I not want to go after hearing that?"

She sighed and rubbed her temple. "Thanks to Kaeya, I probably can't stop you." Kaeya looked over and shrugged his shoulders with a smirk, "In my defense, you told her about the dangers. I just introduced the mountain."

I stood up from my chair and headed for the door ready to make my way to Dragonspine.

"Be careful darling!" Lisa called before I waved the four of them off and left headquarters.

---------

I approached the mountain and stared up at how massive it was. It definitely looked dangerous, but that's all the more reason to go up. Having a cryo weapon might work in my favor here in the climate.

As I walked to the base of the mountain before starting my climb, I noticed a bunch of adventurers on the side huddling by a fire desperately trying to stay warm. Must be pretty intense. I didn't think much of it, so I started my climb.

The first few minutes weren't really bad at all. I did encounter a few of those ice crossbow hilichurls, but nothing too dangerous at all. The cold was a bit annoying, and having to stop and warm myself up was as well.

After about half an hour, I stumbled across another campsite. About to freeze my fingers off, I ran up to it in search of a fire. When I got closer I saw that it was already occupied by a big guy wearing a blue suit and a hat. He noticed me and took out some sort of snowblower and pointed it at me.

"Freeze!" He said and let out a strong force of snow. I covered my face and backed up a bit. This must be one of the Fatui guy's Jean was talking about. I equipped my catalyst and began hurling ice spikes towards the guy.

He took a few hits, but he didn't seem phased at all. I backed up again, now a bit closer to freezing at this point. The snow randomly picked up and it was getting harder to see.

"Chill to the bone." He then released another force of snow at me sending my back more. Using my catalyst, I was able to make a big enough wall of ice to protect me from incoming attacks.

This was not a good matchup for either of us. Cryo on cryo, isn't the smartest move. Now on the ground, unable to see clearly. I sprinted in the opposite direction hoping his vision was also impared so he couldn't trace my movements.

Wrong.

He turned around and blew more snow at me with a much harder force and sent me flying down a hill and tumbling into a stream. Just my damn luck.

Now I was about to be frozen solid. I pulled myself out the river and the big blue guy was closing in. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come here. Because now, I was going to die by being frozen to death. I had lost all my hope until I heard a voice in the distance.

"Take cover!"