chapter seventeen - house tour

The next morning Maddie awoke with the sun streaming through the windows. She had forgotten to shut her curtains last night and was immediately regretting it. Knowing she wasn't going to fall asleep again she shook her duvet off her and shook herself awake. Almost zombie-like she arose from the bed and staggered over to her bag to put a jumper on. Seeing as Maddie was now up and awake it was the perfect time to look around her bedroom and unpack.

In her room was a double bed with lovely white patterned sheets, a generous window and doors leading out to the patio  in the garden. In the corner stood some shelves next to a desk. Along one wall was a large wardrobe and to the right was a door. Through the door was a turquoise bathroom equipped with a shower, bath, toilet and double sink. Coming out of the bathroom, Maddie made her way over to her bags to unpack. It didn't take long as she didn't have much but she did notice that she'd probably need new clothes.
In nyc she had hand me downs from the older girls but they were all starting to look a little worn and old. Never mind the fact that they were dated and much to small for her. However, Maddie didn't want to be spoilt and ask for a new wardrobe so instead she'd just wear the outfit that she had bought with Scarlett in nyc.

Next door Scarlett had woken up at around the same time as Maddie, excited for her first day at home with her new daughter. She lay in bed making a list of all the things they should do: first obviously a house tour, them maybe a walk around the neighbourhood, lunch with her parents then back home where they can finish any unpacking or answer any questions that Maddie may have. Sounded like a perfect day and as Scarlett was eager to begin she climbed out of bed and made her way to the kitchen to make breakfast.
Not soon later, Maddie arrived in the kitchen wearing a massive oversized avengers jumper and some pyjama shorts.
"Good morning sleepy head" Scarlett noticed Maddie come into the kitchen and turned around from the stove. "Sleep well?"
"Hey it's not even that late and for your information I've been up for about an hour now unpacking and arranging my things in my room." Maddie wiggled her eyebrows competitively at her "But yes I slept very well thank you. I was out in seconds once you had left and I think it was one of the best nights of sleep I've ever had!"
"That's great! I hope you like your room as well. I made it simple so you can add your own vibe to it"
"I love it so much, thank you"
The rest of breakfast consisted of eating, Scarlett explaining what they were going to do for the day, eating and more eating. After both being stuffed with pancakes they went there separate ways to get ready for today. After Maddie had had a shower and got changed she realised that she didn't actually know the way around the house. She knew the rough layout and where hers and Scarletts bedrooms were but not much else. So, she padded up to Scarlett bedroom and knocked.
"Yep, come in"
"Hey i was wondering if I would maybe be able to have a house tour if it's not too much of an inconvenience"
"Oh my god of course! I completely forgot!"
"Ahaha thank you"
Scarlett started off the tour in the hallway. It was all on one floor so as you entered the house there was a long hallway running parallel with the front of the house. Turning left they made there way to the end where an office, games room/snug and two bedrooms were. Besides the bedrooms there was a bathroom, this was more of the guest area for anyone staying because apparently there was always someone sleeping over. Scarlett had informed Maddie that the most frequent visitors were Lizzie, Chris E and Florence Pugh. Maddie had heard of Florence but had never met her; however she knew that Florence and Scarlett were good friends so she was very excited to get to know her. Back in the hallway and before you reached the end of the hallway, you encountered two large arch-ways to your right leading into an open plan living/ dining area. On the far wall of the room, there were glass door leading out onto a large garden and pool.  Obviously Maddie had been here last night and this morning but Scarlett still showed her the pantry and where everything was in the kitchen. Walking back out into the hallway they turned the opposite direction to the office end and made there way to the bedroom/ sleeping area. Here was where Scarlett, Maddie and Rose slept. It was a comfortable light house which had amazing windows all around it letting in bright Californian sunlight.

After the house tour Maddie couldn't quite believe she lived here. In nyc she had never had this much space to herself! She now had her own bedroom and bathroom wtf! She swore to god that she was the luckiest girl alive.

Hey.
Sorry this chapter was kind of irrelevant. But I absolutely love planning houses and designing rooms and things so I felt like I had to dedicate a chapter to the layout and aesthetic of the house so sorry if you found it boring lol.
Btw the header picture is the vibe I think would suit the house.
M xox