History Repeating

Mystic Falls High.
November 30th.

“Have you even talked to Bonnie?”
Elena asked Caroline as the 2 including Cherith, walked to school that morning, Cherith bopping to a music on her phone with her earpiece.

“No way. I’m mad… no, pissed at her! She needs to make the first move.”

“Why are you so pissed at her anyways?”
Elena asked, exasperatedly and Cherith removed her earpiece as they got to the school, looking around for any sign of Leslie.

“She’s a thief, that’s why. I have her my necklace and now she won’t give it back to me!”
She sounded frustrated and Cherith looked at Caroline.

“You’re still on about that tacky piece of jewelry from what’s his face?”

Caroline huffed.
“Well if no one wants it, then I do! She should give it back to me, while groveling of course. And maybe I’ll decide to just forgive her. Period! It’s a matter of principle.”

Elena sighed, shaking her head.
“All right. Well I tried. I’m officially out of it.”

Just then, Cherith spotted Leslie and turned to the 2 friends.
“Alright. This is my cue to leave. See you losers later!”

She skipped away from them, rushing to Leslie who’d just gotten out of her car.

“Hey Les!”
Leslie grinned as she spotted Cherith walking over to her.

“Hey Cherry! How’s it going?”

Cherith shrugged as she walked with Leslie who was waving to one of the guys in their classes.
“Good. Good.”

“Oh! Before I forget, did you bring your $1,500 dollars for the seniors trip being planned?”
Leslie asked excitedly and Cherith looked at her exasperatedly.

“Leslie! In case you’ve already forgotten, seniors trip is still next year! And months away!”

Leslie waved her off as they got to their class sitting side by side.
“It’s still good to plan ahead! And as part of the student council, I have a duty to keep reminding every senior to pay up!”

Cherith rolled her eyes before nodding.
“Fine. I’ll send the money to the account by weekend. Just send me the account details.”

Before everyone turned at attention when their teacher walked into class.

 The bell rang and soon it was lunch.

Cherith stood up, stretching and hearing a crack or two before groaning as she grabbed her bag.

“You know, there’s no way I’m going to miss boring old high school.”

Leslie chuckled.
“That’s what you think until you walk into college and begin the daily grind. Or at least that’s what my mum says. Me, on the other hand, I’m going to have as much fun as I can possibly have while at it.”

Cherith chuckled as they walked out of the class.
“Oh?”

“Yes oh. I am going to party, date different boys and make mistakes so I don’t regret it in my adulthood.”