Lost Girls

Salvatore Estate 1864.

Stefan runs out of the Salvatore boarding house, fury burning in his eyes, with a wooden stake that he got out of the basement until the flashback of him waiting on the doorstep of the old Salvatore estate appears with a flash of light.

A young and human Stefan Salvatore stands in front of the Salvatore Estate, dressed impeccably and looking dashingly handsome when a carriage arrives and stops in front of him. A mocha skinned young lady exits the carriage first, then a beautiful exotic yet aristocratic beauty exits the carriage and observes Stefan for a moment before he approaches her after the mocha skinned lady finished smoothing out the beautiful lady’s dress.

“You must be Miss Pierce.”
Stefan said out, as he reached the young lady who he found he was suddenly enraptured by.

She holds out hand for him which he takes as she curtseys daintily, before coming up and he bows.

“Please. Call me Katherine.”
Her smirk promised a lot to come.

****

Salvatore Boarding House.

Present.

“What are you?”
Elena asked Stefan, standing in front of him and trying to look as brave as she could.
When he didn’t answer her at first, she spoke up again.

“What are you?”
She demanded strongly and Stefan sighed quietly as the gig was finally up.

“You know”

Elena shook her head desperately.
“No, I don’t.”

“Yes you do, or you wouldn’t be here.”
He replied her and Elena’s breath quickened as she shook her head in denial.

“It’s not possible… I-It can’t be!”

“Everything you know, Elena… and every belief that you have… is about to change. Are you ready for that?”

He asked her intently as he closed the front door, wishing he could hold her in his arms as she shook in front of him but knowing that now was not the time.

“What are you?”
She asked again and Stefan looked down for a moment before looking straight right at her.

“I’m a vampire.”
Elena gulped, her reality finally crashing down in front of her as the adrenaline in her body was suddenly washing away.

She moved back a bit, suddenly looking super scared.
“I… I shouldn’t have come.”

Stefan stepped forward desperately.
“No. Please.”

But she moved back with fear in her eyes, looking at Stefan like he was the biggest monster on the planet, and that broke his heart.

Elena turned running towards her car but Stefan blurs right in front of her to stop her, freaking her out even more.

“No. No. How did you do that?”
She stuttered afraid of him and he put his hands on her shoulder to try and calm her.