Amelia Tucker

"What are you wearing?" Liv asks through the phone

"You really just FaceTimed me to ask about my outfit?"

"Yes, now show me."

"I'm wearing this," I pull out some black ripped jeans and a mustard yellow flowy top with suns embroidered onto the bottom.

"Shoes?"

"These," I show her my white air max's.

"Jacket?"

"Jean jacket."

"Light wash or dark wash?"

"Oh my lord is it that big of a deal," she glares at me through the screen. "Light wash."

"Perfect, I'll see you later."

"Later," I say as she hangs up

This entire situation is a pain in the ass. I mean I just got dropped a few hours ago, and now I have to hang with some rando that my parents want me to meet. I know absolutely nothing about this lady, and I still agreed to meet her like the idiot I am. All I know is I cannot deal with more drama today, I'm already drained and dreading this dinner. I guess I should start getting ready.

...

"Soph let's go," Dad yells from the bottom of the stairs

"I'm ready, just gotta put my shoes on," I yell back

I finally get my shoes on and run down the stairs. As I make my way to the living room I see my brothers standing around the island, as well as my parents.

"The princess is finally ready," River announces

"Let's go," my Dad says grabbing his keys

We all climb into a car. I ride with Beck, Auggie, Frankie, and Anderr. The ride there isn't too eventful, the boys mainly just talk about sports - which I barely understand - and girls - that I couldn't care less about.

As we pull up to the restaurant I spot Liv's car. I hop out of the car before my brothers and walk over to hers. When I reach her car I peep into the window and see Liv and Dianne facing the back of the car talking to someone. I adjusts myself a bit to see Grace. Why the hell is grace here? I didn't invite her and this isn't some plus one type of shit.

I knock on the window and see Liv jump a bit. She turns around and smiles before opening her door and sliding out of her car. Dianne and Grace follow suit before walking to the front of the car. I look at Dianne and try to send a look that says 'what the hell', apparently she gets it because she just shrugs and mouths 'sorry'.

As soon as Benji spots Dianne he shimmy's his way next to her. River steers clear of Grace and parks himself in between Frankie and my dad. My mom gives all the girls hugs as Luke slings his arm over my shoulder.

"What's this all about?" I give him a confused look, "I mean the dinner. I know it's for you to meet someone."

"And how'd you figure that out?"

"I heard Ma and Dad talking about it." I nod contemplating asking if he heard anything important, but decide against it once he starts speaking again. "So what's going on?"

"I know just as much as you bud," I mumble.

"Whatever happens I'm here for you."

"We're family, you act like I don't know that," I say poking him in the ribs.

Mom goes inside to check our reservation, leaving the remaining of us to talk about random things. She comes back out a few minutes later and says that our tables are ready.