14

So, our whole resisting thing didn't work, and we were about to be on our way to Florida.

"Put them in the van. Make sure the tape isn't weakening." Lamont told Blue-- Josh. I mean Josh.

"MMMHH! MMHHHH! MMMMHHHH!" Those were our protests since we couldn't talk. King kept fighting back so they had to knock him out with some chloroform. They almost did the same for Lucas, but I kicked the bottle and it broke.

Josh picked King up off the ground and practically threw King into the very back of the van.

"MMHHHH!" Joseph, Lucas, and I protested.

"Shut up." Josh said. Lucas was in the passenger seat, while Joseph and I were in the back. Josh came and sat on my right side.

"Hey bae."

I glared at him. If I wasn't tied up, I'd beat the shit out of him. I tried scooting over more to Joseph's side, but Josh grabbed me and pulled me back towards him. He left his arm around my shoulders and I looked over at Joseph with pleading eyes. He shrugged and I dropped my head down, closing my eyes.

I thought about the events that just happened about an hour ago. From the time I woke up, to the time we figured out that Lamont was behind all this, to the time Josiah told me all of Lamonts plans, to when Josh basically threw Josi-- Josiah... Josiah...

I looked in the back of the van where King was laying. Where was Josiah? I nudged Josh in his side a little, and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Mmh.... Mmh mh mmh mmh mmmh?"

"What?" he said.

"Mmh, mmh mmmmh mmh?"

"Hold on." He took the tape off of my mouth and I repeated what I was trying to say,

"I said, aren't we forgetting Josiah?"

Lamont and Josh looked at each other, then me, then back at each other.

"Damn, we left the niqqa laying there." Josh said.

"Truuue." Lamont added.

"So.. you're leaving him there to bleed to death?" I asked.

"He'll be fine. He'll wake up sooner or later." Josh said.

"And if he doesn't? What if someone walks in there and sees him there dead? Your fingerprints are on him you know."

"Nobody's going in there smarty. We made that building our hideout for a reason. It's abandoned. Nobody's stupid enough to actually go in there. They're too afraid that something's gonna jump out at them."

"Still!"

"Girl, why you so worried 'bout him? You like him or something?"

"No!" I protested, "I just.... care about him?"

"A.k.a you like him. Point blank period." Lamont said.

"Exactly," Josh added, "I mean, you literally just met the dude, how you gonna say you just care about him?"

"Because I don't even know him like that."

"You should stop talking. You're basically telling on yourself now."

I huffed and tried crossing my arms, but I forgot I was tied up. I think this rope is giving me a burn.
*

*

*

*

*

Many Hours Later